Singaporean : Are We Plain Ignorant or Simply Boh Chap Attitude......

Maxus-MIFA9

It had been widely publicised in the press that many Singaporean had been conned in MY over the scratch-and-win scams and still Singaporean still falling for it. I had posted once is this threads of several couples been conned at the car park of Makotar Parade, Malacca in the form of lucky draws & scratch-and win.

Its happen again on Monday, this time at a petrol kiosk in Johor Baru. As reported in today New Paper and last Monday Sin Min Daily.

The report: His holidays made him poorer by $6,500/-. All because Mr. Zhang, 40, a Singaporean businessman, fell victim to the "scratch-and-win" syndicate. Mr. Zhang was approached at a Johor Baru petrol station (name not given) just as he was about to drive back to Singapore.

He said that a Chinese woman in her 20s approached him, asking if he was interested in taking part in a lucky draw. He agreed, thinking there was nothing wrong with trying his luck. He scratched a card that the woman gave him, and it revealed a picture of several cars. The woman congratulated him and asked him to follow her to an office near the petrol station.

At the office, a man claimed to be the woman colleague told Mr Zhang that he stood a chance of winning a PDA, a car, cooker hoods, television sets and a trip to Japan. Mr Zhang was told that if he paid RM15,000 ($6,500) for taxes and fees, he would have a chance of winning four cars.

Believing the man, Mr Zhang made payment with his credit card. When he scratched the booklet, it showed he had won only four cooker hoods. The man refused to give a refund, saying that Mr Zhang was unlucky and could not blame the company.

Paying $6,500/- for 4 cooker hoods...... [:p][:p][:p]

Its show that the man is either plain ignorant or boh chap attitude as he believe that it will not happen to him. Ignorant is out as he is a businessman and should able to think and make decision.

So......... it left to his attitude that misfortune will not happen to him or blinded by the 20s years old [gorgeous] ..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Also reported that billions reaped in annual profits as millions of consumers cheated in MY.

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

"I felt that the description for such attitude is neither "boh chap" nor "ignorant".

It is GREED plain and simple."

Maybe, the 20s years Chinese [gorgeous] play a part of him falling into the trap. [sly][sly]

Edited by Picnic06

"if i own 1 toilet and collect 10cents for every entry, i can also call myself a businessman."

[thumbsup][thumbsup][laugh][laugh][laugh]

right,bigggggggggggggggg....... business aka "Ta Pian" [sly][sly]

Neutral Newbie

He paid by credit card arh? Easy mah, dispute the charge & ask card company to recover the $$ lor. Raise the charge as a possible fraud lor. [sly]

This fellow is blinded by greed IMHO [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

He could have stopped the credit card payment [gossip][gossip][gossip]

Or maybe the Chinese charbor must be too chio [sunny][sunny][sunny]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

"it amaze me that the guy actually fall for the scam"

Call himself a businessman, I wonder what kind of businesses he is doing. Easily been con [sly][sly]

wa.. i need business partners like him.. [:p]

this is call cum lan... [:|]

Our Singaporean once against show our naivety! We already being con millions every mth by oversea syndicate, this case is juz like a tip of the iceberg.

Wow, this guy is in danger of getting robbed and not just conned... Stopping to talk to strangers, going into a strange office, at a JB petrol station is definitely NOT advisable [hur] . Just pay for the petrol and drive off as soon as you can!