Vehicle Registration Numbers Retention & Transfer (Process & Fees)

Chibibotto

But u need to retain the vehicle no first?

Sorry I misread your question, you have already used it on your existing car, as such you need to retain it and pay 1300, however once you use it on new car, LTA will refund 1000 back to you

Thanks for the info.

So I left 2 options, pay LTA $1k (non refundable) to extend for 6months or quickly purchase and register a new car.

My retain number left 1month and the car I interested and inquired takes at least 3 months to arrive.

Must visit the showroom this weekend, cannot delay anymore~~~

• Praise 1

Thanks for the info.

So I left 2 options, pay LTA $1k (non refundable) to extend for 6months or quickly purchase and register a new car.

My retain number left 1month and the car I interested and inquired takes at least 3 months to arrive.

Your case a bit rush since you still have not secure a coe yet?! The whole process of buying a car, securing coe until register the plate on the car all must be done within 1 month very rush.

Supersonic

Thanks for the info.

You have to look for cars that have immediate stock and able to register almost immediately.

Hi all, apologies for digging this thread. But didn't wanna create another thread just for the same topic.

I have already told my SE that I want to retain my current license plate and paid $100. She told me she will also let me know the new license plate number (if I had chosen to not retain my current license plate).

In the event I somehow like the new license plate and want it, how do I go about to swap the license plate? i.e. retained plate goes back to the old car.

Cheers.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Hi all, apologies for digging this thread. But didn't wanna create another thread just for the same topic.

I have already told my SE that I want to retain my current license plate and paid $100. She told me she will also let me know the new license plate number (if I had chosen to not retain my current license plate).

In the event I somehow like the new license plate and want it, how do I go about to swap the license plate? i.e. retained plate goes back to the old car.

Cheers.

If you have already told your SE that you will retain your current car number, they will generate a new car number for your old car. And if you want to swap the new plate to your new car, think you have to paid $1300 to transfer the plate. 

If you have already told your SE that you will retain your current car number, they will generate a new car number for your old car. And if you want to swap the new plate to your new car, think you have to paid $1300 to transfer the plate.

Wah. From FOC (if I take the new license plate) to paying $1.3k... I think if that's the case, I may use this $1.3k as part of the funds to change my rims and tyres...

Thanks for the reply!

Supersonic

Wah. From FOC (if I take the new license plate) to paying $1.3k... I think if that's the case, I may use this $1.3k as part of the funds to change my rims and tyres...

Thanks for the reply!

Not sure if i am right? Lol. You can call LTA to check on this. Cause your new car would be registered with the retain number, any changes to the car number again, should not only pay $100 liao. Unless you are using the number to register a brand new car.

Not sure if i am right? Lol. You can call LTA to check on this. Cause your new car would be registered with the retain number, any changes to the car number again, should not only pay $100 liao. Unless you are using the number to register a brand new car.

Looks like I have to check in with LTA..thanks!

Hi,if i already retain vehicle no. can cancel and get refund or not?

Once you paid $1300 to retain your number, you cannot cancel and get refund. The only way you can get back your money is to register your retain number on a new car and LTA will refund you $1200.

Once you paid $1300 to retain your number, you cannot cancel and get refund. The only way you can get back your money is to register your retain number on a new car and LTA will refund you $1200.

Or sell your plate to someone. haha

Oic..thanks you...

Hi guys, any idea if we apply for the number retention on onemotoring, how will the payment be made?

You need to pay $1300 to retain your current number.

Edited by 13177

If ur new car has been given a new number plate, ur car deem as registered and yes, if u wanna retain ur old plate, $1300 applies.

If ur new car has not been given a new number plate, ur car deem as new. So u put ur existing plate... $100 or foc for u.

What happens if I retain my old car plate and register it with the new car?  I'm keeping my old car so will it have a number plate that is auto-generated by LTA?

↡ Advertisement