Draining engine oil and weak aircon compressor

Kazuo

eh.. leak or not i not sure..

but the weak compressor i describe is real...

i did not replace anything, just top up gas.. the air got cold... but the problem is just as describe.. purely on weak compressor. [:)]

===================

Very true what Boxster said about AC workshop like to con & chop pple.

U can try Markcool in Woodlands cos I use them many many years already & they r the most honest so far. See Ah Huat the foreman. He is very helpful, experienced & honest. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

I went there recently & ask Ah Huat to top-up gas but he say no need cos your ac still cold leh. I pointed out the bubbles on the drier but he just spray some water on the cooling coil & the bubbles disappear. [confused]

He say like that no need to top-up cos there is still enough gas. This is the 2nd time he told me this. 1st time was like last year. But he is right cos it's still "cold enough" [nod] .

Now where else got AC worker so honest? Most will spin a story about how my car is old & AC going to spoil any day so better to change to a new compressor now. [knife]

Bro, has the gas for your AC been changed from H12 to R134??? If so then this is an unfortunate problem if the retrofit did not involve changing the compressor.

Neutral Newbie

I think still the old gas...

but the gas they top up, i don't know new or old.... haha...

honest mech? got lah... the mech at shell station in TPY and precision aircon in Sin Ming Autocare.

u must friend friend them lah... they will tell u.

Thanks.

Agreeable that over filling is not good.

Seal rupture is a little extreme, leakage maybe due to aging and being a dynamic seal when not operating or rotating oil may seep out when stationary if overfill.

Still don't quite agree with " where the piston rings have a hard time coping with the excess oil and pressure. It gets into the combustion chamber and some of it will get out into the exhaust system unburned resulting in a nice patina of oil all over the platinum surfaces".

Oil rings are designed to remove oil from the piston bores and if fail means the rings are not effective. crankcase pressure are not a factor its slightly above atmospheric I think.

Excessive oil may load the oil pumps but damage piston hard to digest. anyway I think these writ-up is quite old and meant for old engine design.

My engine oil was overfill by quite a lot when I got the car after serviced by second hand dealers. I suspect more than 1 litre. I had driven it for 2 months and just replaced it. I had driven in NSH during this period at continious speed in access of 120km/hr. Was quite worried but I think unfounded by reading such write-up. Anyway, it is better to be safe.

My views

Turbocharged
Now where else got AC worker so honest? Most will spin a story about how my car is old & AC going to spoil any day so better to change to a new compressor now. [knife]

Yeah... I keep on getting this type of stories from S*m*n (shop is En* H**)from Yew Tee Industrial Park. [shakehead]

I have lost faith in that shop.

Yeah... I keep on getting this type of stories from S*m*n (shop is En* H**)from Yew Tee Industrial Park. [shakehead]

I have lost faith in that shop.

me too have lost faith in that shop...just interested in getting you replacements and getting business.

any body knows where can i get a reasonble aircon reqpair done, i was quoted 600 for the following

brand new aircon compressor

valves

dryer.

labour to replace.

any body knows where can i get a reasonble aircon reqpair done, i was quoted 600 for the following

brand new aircon compressor

valves

dryer.

labour to replace.

I think thats pretty reasonable already. I just did my cooling coil alone for nearly 700 bucks. But at $600, are you sure the compressor is new or reconditioned or just second hand? $600 seems a little on the low side for so many new parts to be honest.

If over fill engine oil.. is there a way to drain some of it out?

if aircon compressor is becoming weak? is replacing with a new one the only option?

by how much? if its a little its ok....

I have been with this mech for past 5 years, honest enought. Problem is that anything wrong, he know whats is wrong and always recommends that I hold off the repair till it totally conks out.

I believe that he using genuine parts new. Just low labour bah. I need to ask him if coil is included in this repair.

↡ Advertisement