Would you buy a Lexus?

Vicz

Yeah Driving & owning a car about passionate and image which come with the heritage. See

. Btw I have no qualms abot driving a lexus [thumbsup]
↡ Advertisement

haha your classy french babe - the C5 - will cost you plenty to upkeep with expensive dinners and cosmetics and holidays ( C+C will make a lot of money from u when u buy it.... exp servicing, repairs) but it does give u exclusivity....how come i feel like the only C5 on the road ah ? [shocked]

the problem is what when u want to get rid of her....the cost of the "divorce" will be great....( poor resale, hard to find buyer, dealer will take it at scrap price ) [thumbsdown]

Edited by Azarael

So far ..... from what I gather from people .... this phrase keep coming up ... "conti feel".

I would reckon that "conti feel" is the steady feel that the car gives the owner.

I must say that I am biased towards Lexus .... because what I want is a car that is durable and serve me well.

On the other hand, I must say that the new 5 series is really tempting.

So end of the day, life is short .... enjoy it the way you want it and forget about other people's opinion. [nod][nod]

Is there a new 5 series? Thot the current model has been ard like 5 years almost? Or a new model coming soon? For me I rather a 335i coupe [thumbsup]

1) Peace of mind that my car will be dependable.

2) The minimum of hassle. Instead of wasting time in the car service centre, I can be spending time with my family or in my office earning more money.

5) If I need to repair/service the car , there are plentiful workshops which can cheaply and quickly do the job so that I don't waste time/money.Parts are also readily available. I don't need to be held hostage by a single AD for servicing or kena chopped by them.

Thats not luxury, thats 'reliability'. A lexus salesman mentioned the same more or less to me when I test drove the GS300 [laugh]

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Oh a facelift merely means a new model will be out shortly. It is uncool to drive an old model BMW IMHO unless its really old like the 2002Tii [thumbsup]

1) Peace of mind that my car will be dependable.

2) The minimum of hassle. Instead of wasting time in the car service centre, I can be spending time with my family or in my office earning more money.

5) If I need to repair/service the car , there are plentiful workshops which can cheaply and quickly do the job so that I don't waste time/money.Parts are also readily available. I don't need to be held hostage by a single AD for servicing or kena chopped by them.

I just realise how "luxury" my plastic canteen seats are. Very dependable, I never have to worry it break when I seat, use for so long still never need to be replaced. Damn, I need to kapo one to use as my office armchair as it give a squeul sound when I lean, Rollers also abit stiff, probably need repair...

I guess it depends on what type of person you ask.

For a practical person (like me), the law of diminishing returns would kick in after a certain level. Maybe we should ask ourselves, "how much more comfort and performance do I really need?" or "Can I put the money to better use?"

Cars are big time eaters of money. Really, is it worth it? Maybe to some. Maybe to many. But not to me....

If can't be reliable, no need to even talk about luxury, fail already! [laugh]

Conti=not reliable=not luxurious?

Perhaps, the question we should be asking is :

With all the problems and expense of maintaining Conti cars,should we continue to allow ourselves to be brainwashed to accept the myth of Conti superiority? Are Singaporeans really sheep who always swallow the marketing of these over-hyped brands?

Edited by Natnut

Over the last 15 years or so, I have owned a Volkswagen, Mercedes Benz, Lexus and a BMW, in that order.

I will try to rate what I think of these 4 cars (all purchased new):

RELIABILITY

1. Lexus

2. VW (non-turbo)

3. BMW

4. Merc (Kompressor)

LUXURY/COMFORT/INSULATION

1. Merc

2. Lexus

3. BMW

4. VW

AGENT WORKSHOP SERVICE STANDARDS

1. Lexus

2. Merc

3. BMW

4. VW

AGENT WORKSHOP PARTS AVAILABILITY (NON-INDENT BASIS)

1. Lexus

2. Merc

3. BMW

4. VW (Qualifier: Before VAG takeover)

AFTER-SALES CUSTOMER FOLLOW-UP

1. Lexus

2. BMW

3. Merc

4. VW

Edited by W210k

I doubt TS has mentioned that Lexus is a rebadged Toyota. Anyway, it is also not wrong to say that Lexus is a Toyota. Afterall Toyota owned Lexus.

Regards,

In the same light, Audi is a Volkswagen. Afterall, Volkswagen owns Audi.[:p]

Also, Lotus is a Proton. Afterall, Proton owns Lotus. [:p]

Or a Volvo a Ford, since Ford owns Volvo? [blush]

In the recent past, a Jaguar was also a Ford (now they are selling the brand away).

Oh BTW, since after 2005 when Toyota Japan officially introduced the Lexus brand in Japan, there are no more rebadged Toyota models in the Lexus model line-up.

Gone are the Altezza, Windom, Harrier etc. from the Toyota range. So product differentiation between Lexus and Toyota was taken a notch up.

Today for instance, the Mark X is not an exact replica of the IS250 or the GS300. They are all different models, that may share the same engine from one model, but on a platform of another. But that's what Volkswagen does to the Audi range too.

Edited by W210k

Actually you are not far wrong in ur statement cos Audi & VW do share common parts. Ford STi uses a volvo engine, a Jag X-type uses many Ford mondeo parts. Even proton will claim some of its cars uses lotus tuned suspension.

The different between an high end Toyota & a Lexus is marketing. I say this with respect as a Toyota Crown is indeed a model worthy of the Lexus badge. Of course Lexus has spent much money in trying to convince the general public that they are a class above & perhaps in some way trying to differentiate themselves away from their Toyota heritage. Some people believe that spin & some people dont.

Toyota & Lexus both make good cars & if you were to buy either brand, I think you cant be too far wrong. Certainly ppl who buy Lexus would wish to feel they are a class above the plebeian Jap makes and if they feel so then the Lexus marketing machinery has worked.

Just dont try to convince a Lexus owner that your Toyota is the father of his car. [laugh]

If can't be reliable, no need to even talk about luxury, fail already! [laugh]

Conti=not reliable=not luxurious?

Perhaps, the question we should be asking is :

With all the problems and expense of maintaining Conti cars,should we continue to allow ourselves to be brainwashed to accept the myth of Conti superiority? Are Singaporeans really sheep who always swallow the marketing of these over-hyped brands?

Why do i like BWM so much?

Because it is

ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE [angel]