My KL, Penang trip

Beei

Hi all, I am new to this forum tongue.gif

I just came back from a road trip to Penang and KL a few days ago, with stopover at Ipoh and Muar

Some detail

Vehicle: Toyota Estima

Total toll: RM200

Total Petrol: RM350

Food: RM100

Some photos to share. More later on.

post-81-1200417596_thumb.jpg

post-81-1200417597_thumb.jpg

post-81-1200417598_thumb.jpg

post-81-1200417599_thumb.jpg

post-81-1200417600_thumb.jpg

post-81-1200417601_thumb.jpg

post-81-1200417602_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beei
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Speed was maintained at around 150 km/h. Estima was not able to go up more but we still managed to reach Penang in 7 hours time.

Stopped by police for speeding on the way toward KL, but was let off with a warning, together with another Singaporean car since the police did not bring their toy that day

Edited by Beei

I guess Penang look more friendly compared to other states of Malaysia. Parking should be safer than other places.

Oh yeah, I am using the Holux 53CL GPS for this trip.

The mapking maps is no help at all shakehead.gif and I had to switch to malsing maps option for navigation.

If anyone is using the Holux for navigation, have to switch to 2D mode and ignore the voice navigation. Would be best if you have someone beside you to help to navigate.

ah u must have gone shopping at the new large mall in south of penang island, cant recall whats the name.

Re "Stopped by police for speeding on the way toward KL, but was let off with a warning, together with another Singaporean car since the police did not bring their toy that day"...how come u so lucky [laugh] I never got let off one [:|]

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Parking in Malaysia anywhere north of Johor is rather safe... the further north you go the safer it is. I have never had any problem parking my car in Penang. In fact, many of them there dont even realise its a Singapore car if you car plate is not white/yellow.

Should try staying at the beach front hotels at Batu Ferringi area next time. Its a whole different place there compared to staying in Georgetown.

thumbsup.gif Queensbay shopping mall, Batu Feraggi's pasar malam, all those temples.. Makan at Gurney Drive food center..

Are you refering to Queensbay shopping mall? nice place, but air con too cold..thumbsup.gif

they wave us to stop..told us can only go at 100 km/h..dizzy.gif then warn us, take some reading on the milage and let us go..

maybe a whole car of us wearing sunglasses staring at them.. look like mafia..laugh.gif

We booked too late.. can only find this apartment.. driving to batu ferringi from our place is nearly 45 mins with so many turns.

↡ Advertisement