Help! Oven short-circuit.. Why ah?

Poper

Hi bro/sis,

Got an Ariston built-in oven that's not been used for 4 years.. Recently, I use it to toast some nuts and set temp at 100 degrees. It was ok for 30 minutes and suddenly short-circuit the house.. From then on, it will short-circuit everytime I turn it on.

(1) Any idea what could have caused it?

(2) Any recommendation for a table-top Grill-oven (for simple use, hardly bake)?

Thanks! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

U nvr use it for 4 yrs thats why short circuit occur!!!!!

u got to change something... if i m not wrong the fuse

nxt time turn it on for a while every once a month

it could be moisture trapped. do let your oven trip for 3-4 times to dry the moisture up.

happens to me evry yr during cny when my mum tries to bake her cookies. jus take care to unplug all electrical appliances.

probably a leak in ur heating element which in turns short to e earth.Meaning?mean can throw away liao.But do open up to see any loose live or neutral wire tat may cause a short circuit. [smash]

If you didn't use your oven for a long period of time, moisture builds up and condenses on the circuitry. This causes the short.

Get the handyman to come over and remove the old wires and give it new ones.

Once you got an oven, you got to keep using it to burn off the moisture.

Same thing happened to my dryer. One time it shortcircuit my house and thereafter also short curcuit the whole house everytime I turn it on. I got the repairman to fit it and they said is the wear and tear of the wire. Change the wire and everything ok liao.

Call the agent to come and see.

If you didn't use your oven for a long period of time, moisture builds up and condenses on the circuitry. This causes the short.

Get the handyman to come over and remove the old wires and give it new ones.

Once you got an oven, you got to keep using it to burn off the moisture.

Genie is right. When I got my new oven also same problem, trip the circult because of moisture. Still got warranty, so the service man took the oven back and heat away the moisture for me.

If the trip is due to moisture, there is another way that my dad told me but is kind of dangerous.

First, remove the earth wire, so it would not trip your circult box

Turn on your oven at 180 deg C (higher than 100 deg shd do) and heat away the moisture with the oven door partly open for 20 mins or so.

Connect the earth wire back and test.

OR you can try putting some desiccant like hungry hippo in the oven.

Just tot of this idea while typing. Tell us if it works :P

As Genie has said, you need to switch your oven every now and then to keep the moisture out. I suggest once every fortnight or month, 20 mins. The serviceman recommend once a week but i find it waste of electricity.

I regret getting electric oven Should have gotten a standalone gas cooker/oven station from Elba or La Germania. Got gas oven option. Great for cooking and good for suicides.

↡ Advertisement