Hurricane Stainless Steel Filter Vs Simota Stainless Steel Filter

Ken_leong

Hurricane Stainless Steel Filter Vs Simota Stainless Steel Filter  

40 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hurricane Stainless Steel Filter
    • Simota Stainless Steel Filter

hurricane is better in quality and price [laugh]

better as in higher.. i use simota btw [;)]. use it only if u don't mind ur engine sucking in more dirt. i don't give a damn about mine [flowerface]

Yea..dun think stainless steel filters need to be oiled...

the advantage is that you have less fuss when you need to clean up the filter...i.e. just wash with water..or blow away the dirt can liaoz...

but with a cotton based air filter (e.g. K&N air filter), you need to follow the directions very clearly and wash the filter using their non-detergent based cleaner then oil using their red-color looking oil... (it's sold in a package called K&N recharger kit)

but the good thing about cotton-based air filters is that it allows more air into the engine than conventional disposable paper air filter...but it blocks more dirt into the engine as compared to the stainless steel filters....

So guess u gotta judge for yourself... I'm current using the K&N filter...

i not confident of maintaining a K&N by myself, and don't want to rely on mech to settle also.

so just use SS filter lor. anyway dun think i'll be driving my car for more than 100k. [flowerface]

If pocket is deeper then go for Hurricane else Simota [;)]

Both are stainless steel hence maintenance is jus wash with soap/plain water then dry it [nod][nod][nod]

More dirt & dust would allowed to enter your engine hence can opt to change your engine oil at 1K or 1.5K earlier then the 10K interval [nod][nod][nod]

My ride already on it for 74K and still going strong [;)]

Supercharged

iirc, the air your engine takes in does not go to where your engine oil circulates,

so changing engine oil more frequently doesn't help.

Hi. Need advice from you bros and sis here. Which would you choose?

understand that the filtration holes for hurricane SS filters is ard 55 microns, i.e. 0.055mm per hole.

Dunno how big is the Simota one.

yes bro...

The first time I was not confident about maintaining my K&N and I asked the mechanic to help me clean and oil and install... I saw how he install the filter..so i got a feel... then i took out the k&n filter and I found that OIL was dripping out of the filter...coz he OVER-OILED it... After that incident...I had to re-wash, re-oil and fix back the filter myself... from then on... I dun really trust mechanics with the k&n air filter cleaning... haha..it's always better to DIY for K&N filter..or any other oil-based filter for that matter. [laugh]

Edited by Josephteo

bro Mzrmazda3,

You are using hurricane filter is it? Do you feel that you have more power after installing the filter as compared to the stock disposable air filter?

For me, after installing the K&N...seems my car got more power..especially when moving off...easier and smoother...as compared to using the stock disposable air filter... haha...dunno is psychological or not? but i did switch back to old air filter...drive a bit..then switch back... and it really feels more power... not sure..haha