Calling End Users Of Kumho KU31 and Yoko S.Drive

Sickscientist

Neutral Newbie

Was once a typical user of performance-comfort Yokohama and Bridgestone. Never tried Korean tires until KU31. After that, my third KU31 changeout now because I really feel for equiv performance having to fork out at least 50% more for Yoko or Bridgestone. Why waste $$ ?

Friend recently purchased a set of 195/55/R15 KU31, paid $85 each.

Tyre shop says this size is now made in Vietnam.

Turbocharged

I have heard reviews that fuel consumption went up after installing Kumho KU31, with no change in driving habits and tyre size.

Did any KU31 drivers encounter this?

I have heard reviews that fuel consumption went up after installing Kumho KU31, with no change in driving habits and tyre size.

Did any KU31 drivers encounter this?

Korean tyres are generally a little technology behind compare with those premium brand .

and this model i knew many years around liao

New generation Premium tyres give better fuel figure and yet provide same traction and comfort

Supersonic

Korean tyres are generally a little technology behind compare with those premium brand .

New generation Premium tyres give better fuel figure and yet provide same traction and comfort

Which new generation Premium tyres you refering? [:/]

Supersonic

Which new generation Premium tyres you refering? [:/]

Got shadow or not.... <_<

go for S. drive, best and affordable among the rest...kumho...means just nice...

doubt you can find s drive in sg now.

my last s drive lasted me more den 60k, believe it or not... only 1 pc really goes botak as i went up the spiral carpark of my ex-office quite hard (everyday late, everyday need to chiong... fxxk up life really).

grip is good, sidewall harder den my current BS, FC is fantastic compare to my BS (probably due to travel more often on expressway last time), wear - no need to say...

but one really bad point.. its super noisy, i can hardly hear my passengers if i goes above 120kph on nshw.

i suppose those who dun really have good experience with s drive (not mentioning the noise) is likely to have gotten those made in pinoy ones...

I have tried S Drive before.. can't comment on the grip bec have not driven it really hard before.

But its a noisy tyre for sure... So if want low noise or comfort, its definitely not the choice. Had a 195/50r15 of S drive and changed to a 205/45r16, increased road contact for new tyre but quieter. Somemore the S drive is still new at around 12000km with plenty of tread left