Recommendation for Japanese food?

T_orange

Neutral Newbie

I have been reading up the web on Japanese restaurants. Seems like the main recommendations are like Sushi Tei, but I have already tried that. So, was wondering if there are other worth trying ones.

Any other good places?

Edited by T_orange
↡ Advertisement

specialty i'm not sure. didn't ask cos both are a-la-carte buffet style for dinner. can order anything u like. i personally like the teppanyaki beef at Toshi very much. they use beef chunks, unlike some places use beef slices. feeling really different.

long time ago tried the fusion jippun at casuarina road. thumbsup.gif

Is it along the shop houses with 2 overated prata restuarant? Tat one use thai rice the last time I went..Never went back again.

Neutral Newbie
I have been reading up the web on Japanese restaurants. Seems like the main recommendations are like Sushi Tei, but I have already tried that. So, was wondering if there are other worth trying ones.

Any other good places?

Try Wasabi Tei @ Far East Shopping centre 5th floor.

You should take the lift up to the 5th floor and upon exiting the elevator turn to the left.

Prices charged are "net" meaning they dont charge you for GST and Service charge.

I personally like their chawamushi and their mixed sashimi. Their main course may be abit simple for the picky but i like their grilled salmon set and their claypot fishhead with rice.

Avoid sundays and prime lunch/dinner hours as you'll have to queue quite long then. Seats cannot be reserved there.

Oh and also... Dont speak to the chef.

Cheers~

Neutral Newbie

Any other good places?

Try Hoshi at IMM. I never eat Japanese food from Sushi Tae, Sakae or anything like Genki or Fiesta type... i love Jap food and none of them come close but Hoshi is good. However, don't be too demanding on their service. a lot of China nationals.... [:p] not discriminating but i mean....u know...anyway, try their cod in miso, teriyaki eel, udon and their Sake sushi and sashemi is superb, fresh. [thumbsup]

Edited by Vicz

saw on makansutra raw few episodes before that at fisherman village (did i get the name right???) at pasir panjang, think at level 2, there is this shop that is opened by a sashimi supplier. he supplies sushi to the restaurants in singapore, so i believe his quality should be good....

dont blame me if its not good, blame seetoh from makansutra... hahaha... oops... but i'll try that place soon....

Edited by Chrissng
↡ Advertisement