Buying mattress, need advise

Sgnick

Simmons, no doubt.. really like the tv ad..

first time i slpt on it.. I snooze till morning, and feel so fresh when wake up.. no joke...

↡ Advertisement

mattress is very personal. you got to try it and not wait for others to tell you.

if you really like simmons, wait for robinson's sale.

Moreover, there's the lowest price gurrantee as long as the mattress have not been delivered.

Now shortlisted Serta Elegance and Serta Seattle. Same price, not sure what's the difference.

By the way, did you get your bedframe from Serta and did it come with a bench?

when I was shopping for my mattress a few months back, serta offer the bedframe with the bench and wanted to give me extra sheep as well.

However, I went with Simmon and got my bedframe from cellini.

but the sheep look cute tot..

Budget up to $3K+ for king size with bed frame. Looking at comfort, good support (cannot too soft until backache) and pocketed spring (do-not-disturb) type

Anyone have tried Slumberland Royal Princess? (bed+frame $3199)

or Slumberland Sanctuary (bed+frame $2499)

What about Dunlopillo Duchess?

Simmons? Sealy? Serta? What model is good?

Do not want to take chance with less established brands, do not like too hard ot too soft, and do not like memory foam

For sharing and advise on mattresses, thanks

im using this Dunlopillo Duchess

so far so good, every night is a good night sleep, value for $$ [thumbsup]

(edited)

I have not decided, but have decided not to get any Slumberland (due to hard springs) and Sealy (due to not pocketed springs)

High end Dunopillo is also very expensive. I saw them at this Dunlopillo shop in Furniture Mall (beach rd), went in saw the prices and walk out immediately. There is a Dunlopillo mattress call Duchess, not bad, very comfortable, but is considered midrange, around $1899 kingsize include bedframe.

Edited by Sgnick

Simmons mattress can range from 2K to 30K. Not sure if the 2K one still can be as good as u mentioned.

Ya, Simmons bedframe is totally overpriced, >1.3K. Not worth to get Simmons bedframe if buying Simmons.

I suggest you get a Simmons while its on sale, you can choose not to get the bed frame.

Been sleeping on 1 for close to 8 years and i won't be sleeping on any other mattresses.

ya.. and the design is so-so only.

there's much better looking and functional bedframe.

but for mattress, they are really worth recommending.

[laugh]

If you can, get a bed frame with a flat board mattress support, i.e., not the metal or wooden beam horizontally across type with gaps in between. This is to prolong the life of the springs. If u check into a hotel room, check their bed frames [nod] Their guests come in all shapes and sizes so they watch out for all these small little details to prolong the lives of their mattresses [nod]

I concur with what you have said.

In addition, those wooden beam will not only damage the mattress in the long run, it will also affect the sleeping posture as those springs will not function properly when it's located at the hollow slot between the beam.

i got my Dunlop Duchless and the Dunlop bedframe for about 1.6k after some discounts/bargaining from a shop in AMK and it comes free with 2 Dunlop pillows, Dunlop bolster, Dunlop mattress protector. Make sure you ask for those stuff when you buy your mattress regardless of where you buy them

So far no complaint and its great to just sit on the bed lean back against the headboard watching movies on the wall mounted LCD TV. [thumbsup]

if this is for your wedding bedroom, then i think its worth every single cent!

cheers [wave]

yes its a queen size and the devan is also from Dunlopillo... by the way, i'm not associated to the shop and the shop is in AMK. Can't recall the address but its called SC something

ok...do u rmb roughly where the shop is?

I look for mattress till headache...saw this 'traditional deluxe' at courts...then outside shops dun carry them as its exclusive to courts...

hard to decide on a mattress sia.

I like duchess's softness but when i try to sit up on it, it will 'sink'....simmons wont have such probs leh...but its ex...lol [sweatdrop]

use Tempur, Tempur....visco elastic foam for me! once used ....all others feel difft! [bounce1][bounce2][bounce1][bounce2]

↡ Advertisement