Buying mattress, need advise

Sgnick

Budget up to $3K+ for king size with bed frame. Looking at comfort, good support (cannot too soft until backache) and pocketed spring (do-not-disturb) type

Anyone have tried Slumberland Royal Princess? (bed+frame $3199)

or Slumberland Sanctuary (bed+frame $2499)

What about Dunlopillo Duchess?

Simmons? Sealy? Serta? What model is good?

Do not want to take chance with less established brands, do not like too hard ot too soft, and do not like memory foam

For sharing and advise on mattresses, thanks

Go TO sungei Kadut loop ... Nutz centre..

Get Sealy ..posturepeadic...

Cheaper by $500 ... some even include bed frame..

the sales exec got one not bad

look for cecilia...

Bought about 3-4K worth of mattress

Edited by UncleWolve
↡ Advertisement

My wife and me also bought our Sealy posturepeadic king sized mattress from there, it is really cheap which come with free bed frame.I was also served by Cecilia..Do take note that the Sealy range is quite limited there.I checked with Sealy IMM and they claimed that they only sell those "hotel used" model.The model we bought from bedding salon is usually being on sale by agents.If u want more exclusive range of sealy mattress, u may have to get it from Robinson...but at a higher price.Overall i'm happy with my purchase with my mattress at Sungei Kadut

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Which mattress is good for people with lower backache? Is Sealy Posturepeadic recommended? Anyone using it now?

i have lower back arthritis.

Actually don't need to buy v good branded ones. What u need is a very firm mattress. My one is not famous brand but use 10 yrs still v hard. I cant live without it.

• Praise 1

i have lower back arthritis.

Actually don't need to buy v good branded ones. What u need is a very firm mattress. My one is not famous brand but use 10 yrs still v hard. I cant live without it.

So have I....haiz.

Very firmwill do? What brand are you using bro?

yea been using Sealy posturepedic for a yr plus. great bed.

jus one thing to note on mattress....most bedsheets are 12 in. My bed is 15 in. so hv to look for higher end bedsheets and lesser variety.

Neutral Newbie

just wish to inform that the mattresses in raffles the plaza run by swissotel are all using magic koil mattress since more than 5 years ago.

If u r not heavy weight >90kg any firm mattress that claims to provide back support shouldbe sufficient. However if u are heavy weight get the simmons backcare 4. But regular rotation is necessary for those flip type to prolong lift span

I got mine at robinsons but kinda cheated as the sales gave me the price for the annual sale. However the weeks later the price dropped to a drastic low of ~4K ranage when I got a ~5K range. These are prices for King.

But conclusion the simmons are still fantastic and worth the investment as we spend so much time on the bed than on the car. :)

bring up this thread again.

i'm on e lookout for a good mattress as no longer able to withstand e constant backaches. been reading about e big 4S brands and e more i read, e more confuse i am. so many different styles and types (e.g. pillow top, plush, flip and non-flip, memory foam and latex, etc) makes it really hard to decide. how to differentiate what is what?

got to know that models on display at shopping malls like robinsons and taka is similar to what is offered at own boutiques, except that they brand it with another name. then how to compare price like that? which is a better place to get? shopping malls or e stores itself? and where about do you all get e bedframes from? was told that sourcing outside is relatively cheaper than getting as a set. any reliable furniture shops to recommend too?

what are e freebies that are usually offered to us? if don't mind, can state e price of purchase and freebies given? sorry for e many questions as want to do a better research before making a good investment. many thanks in advance! :)

bring up this thread again.

i'm on e lookout for a good mattress as no longer able to withstand e constant backaches. been reading about e big 4S brands and e more i read, e more confuse i am. so many different styles and types (e.g. pillow top, plush, flip and non-flip, memory foam and latex, etc) makes it really hard to decide. how to differentiate what is what?

got to know that models on display at shopping malls like robinsons and taka is similar to what is offered at own boutiques, except that they brand it with another name. then how to compare price like that? which is a better place to get? shopping malls or e stores itself? and where about do you all get e bedframes from? was told that sourcing outside is relatively cheaper than getting as a set. any reliable furniture shops to recommend too?

what are e freebies that are usually offered to us? if don't mind, can state e price of purchase and freebies given? sorry for e many questions as want to do a better research before making a good investment. many thanks in advance! :)

My experience with SeaHxrse brand is superb. Used the mattress for 15 years liao...still very firm and comfortable. Not very exp also - I bought the King Size one for less than $1K I think, after throwing away my $4k SleepWxlker mattress, used only 5 years.

Go and try...not nec the ex ones are good.

(edited)

My experience is some of the more plushy comfy top like pillow top or plush top, if u don't sleep in air-con, the mattress can be quite warm.

Also simmons seems to be the most "do-not-disturb" of all the brands I tried.

Edited by Sgnick

went to try simmons @ robinsons. from beautyrest to backcare, all seem very good and comfy. e sales person recommended e cheapest of e lot, beautyrest concerto being that it's e hotel range. backcare very expensive but very good! wanted to try other brands but because e sales person was around so didn't have e chance.

currently using seahorse and previously kingkoil, not that it's no good but perhaps because parents bought them so it's very hard. i always feel like i'm sleeping on wooden planks. now i wake up everyday with my whole body cracking, doesn't help when i've a bad back in e 1st place.

i need to know where to get good bedframes to support e mattress, simmons range way too expensive @ > S$ 1.1k. Is sealy alot better than simmons? 'cos it seems that my friends and some others i asked all recommend sealy rather than simmons.

I spend 30% of my life in bed, 8 hours a day. So I spent a lot of money on my mattress and pillows.

I bought a Simmons about 5 years back, pocketed spring, forget what the name was, but it cost me $12,000. And it's worth every single cent, I have a sleep disorder, it used to take me 1/2 hour or more to fall asleep, but in the last 5 years, it's lights out in less than 10!

Oh yeah, I also have $600 eiderdown pillows which I change every year, but it's well worth it for me.

12k for a mattress? if i get that, i'll have a even more serious sleeping disorder... every night worry about how to pay e bills... hahaha actually e backcare series now going for about 5k which e sales person say is pretty low priced. but then again, i get comfort sleeping on e cheaper series too. so not too sure which is good for long term. and of course, e sales person highly recommended backcare series.

I spend 30% of my life in bed, 8 hours a day. So I spent a lot of money on my mattress and pillows.

I bought a Simmons about 5 years back, pocketed spring, forget what the name was, but it cost me $12,000. And it's worth every single cent, I have a sleep disorder, it used to take me 1/2 hour or more to fall asleep, but in the last 5 years, it's lights out in less than 10!

Oh yeah, I also have $600 eiderdown pillows which I change every year, but it's well worth it for me.

12k on a bed [sweatdrop]

if u r tired, leaning against the wall also can fall asleep lah.

↡ Advertisement