My favorite movie scene

Genie47

Turbocharged

For me, it was Saving Private Ryan - Omaha Beach Scene. 

Although this was released almost 20 year ago, I am still in awe whenever I re watch it.

I remembered catching this in the movies after my 4th book out from BMT.

All the SOPs, drills, equipment(right down to the ET stick) depicted in the movie are too close and accurate to what I learned.

It made an impact to me to know the chaos of war even if one is well-trained.

Plus the fact that SG and Msia relations is all time low following spate on water issues during that time.  Our officers even briefed us solemnly on the situation and told us what to do if there's an activation (yes during BMT!).

Its almost like we are to be prepared if war comes knocking at our doors. I remembered taking the BMT trainings more seriously in the first few weeks after all these.

• Praise 1

For me, it was Saving Private Ryan - Omaha Beach Scene.

Although this was released almost 20 year ago, I am still in awe whenever I re watch it.

This one? How about a Metallica song to go along...

Another from Gladiator

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

• Praise 1

Another from Gladiator

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

This is epic. Made more awesome by Joaquin's reaction imo

The Godfather.

During an EGM with the Heads of the Families, Don Vito Corleone rises from his chair and announces that if his son, Michael, were, amongst other events, to be stuck by a bolt of lightning, he would blame some of the people in the room and he would not forgive.

[:)]

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1