Jetta 1.4TSi

Vicz

Neutral Newbie

Saw the review on ST yesterday. Seems that its a very attractive proposition. Any comments? [;)]

Would u pay this price for an A-Class or this piece?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

for the brand. if you are having power in mind+space

go for Passat 1.8T, or Legacy GT.

Neutral Newbie

Are u saying that for the price, its not worth? but the passat would demand almost another $20k more leh.

Neutral Newbie

Not too sure about the A-class but this car does look like good value, good build I believe, low rd tax, 0-100 8+sec, reasonable FC. [nod]

Neutral Newbie

Seems good value to me too but my main concern is their comparatively shorter warranty terms - 2 years compared to other car makes. Of course this means can service outside of VW after 2 years but don't think the 1.4 TSI is something a lot of mechanics very familiar with.

I think VW won some engine of the year award with that engine. good stuff really but just put off by how to maintain it after the warranty.

Maybe some VW bros here can advise.

(edited)

I thought VWs come with 3years/100000km factory warranty? You mean it's not applicable in singapore?

Edited by Carcraze

Neutral Newbie

You're right, it's 3 years/ 100,000 km. My bad. I was thinking of the golf GTI with the 2 years warranty.

Saw the review on ST yesterday. Seems that its a very attractive proposition. Any comments? [;)]

Would u pay this price for an A-Class or this piece?

if i were to consider the A-class, maybe I shd look at the B-class. but then it will be the B200 turbo. Hey, maybe the C-class in this case.. but then, people will start telling me about IS250 and BMW 3 series. that will be 320 vs 323 vs 325.

or maybe some will said Legacy, Mark X, Accord, Camry, vectra, C5..

oh my.. there's no end. what a comparison.

but for a TSi, it's worth considering. hardly any in the right class to do a comparision. It's a TSi, for god sake. [:)]

for the brand. if you are having power in mind+space

go for Passat 1.8T, or Legacy GT.

no doubt the TSi have lesser power but the SC and TC doesn't really bring the Passat in mind. rather different league. and price as well.

If it's Passat 1.8T, maybe we shd look at Audi 1.8T as well [sly]

Neutral Newbie

All VWs come with 3 yrs/ 100,000km Warranty from this month onward. The older ones have a 3rd year extension option available.

The Passat is a better choice overall due to other factors like interior " upclassness" (excuse the poor english), image, interior space, etc....

What i mean to say is, if you wanna get a car in this budget range, you can consider more executive cars like Legacy, passat etc..

IMHO, you probably do not need such a powerful car in Singapore in such start stop traffic. A comfortable one is more my ticket.

No offense to Jetta/ golf owners. I drive a VW too. Just my opinion.

Neutral Newbie
Are u saying that for the price, its not worth? but the passat would demand almost another $20k more leh.

ya passat cost more... but, if ur choice is VW ,

Hatchback, go for Golf GT. Saloon , go for passat.

Jetta TSI is sort of like in between. odd

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

new Audi A4 & the current A4 cost is alot of difference.

Passat 1.8T + CVT(or izzit DSG) = 118K

A3 1.8T + DSG = 118K

A4 1.8T + CVT = 130K ??? (but CVT is weak compare to DSG)

new A4 1.8T + DSG = 171K !!!!!

Edited by Mtoh

agree, the price difference..

that's why it doesn't make sense to bring Passat 1.8T into this thread which was what you suggested. [:)]

The Passat 1.8T is the entry model, so it comes with only a step-tronice 6 speed auto (no DSG) :(

I managed to get mine at 108K, after discounts. The current price should be 114K, and that's before discounts....

The new A4 1.8T should not be priced so high, in fact, based on the SE's estimates, it should be priced competitively against the entry 3-series and C-class (so expect between 140-145K).

Anyway, the new A4 is actually bigger and possibly better equiped than the standard passat 1.8T, so the comparison is unfair (especially based on the OMV). Audi A4 1.8T is comparable to the Passat 2.0T in pricing and features....

Neutral Newbie

wow 108K is a good buy, my friend got the 2L version, w/o turbo sometime is Aug 07, he paid abt 116K.

i got to know the new A4 is priced abt 171K thru a thread in VAGS. and yap, the new A4 is abt the size of the current A6....

↡ Advertisement