• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
70 replies to this topic | 331 praises

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:38 AM

Metalslug
  • Metalslug
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i have seen most things go up...taxi fares, food and even tou sa pau. (actually food they quite smart, just give less, la)

but that day ultimate... i went bowling... after me and my gf bowled 5 games, we were charged $41!

so expensive!!! i didnt even have any skimply dressed gals serving me leh!

can someone enlighten me is this the new pricing scheme? last time i remember i bowl only charge like $4.10 per game, now they charge me $4.10 per game for each person! so 1 game will cost us $8! if 1 game can put 10 people then is $42 per game? thumbsdown.gif
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:38 AM

Ccjna
  • Ccjna
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Where did u bowl at?

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

Verna24
  • Premium member
    Verna24
    4th Gear
    Author Image

mean u 2 total only played 5 games, not 5 games each??? then its damn exp, did they count wrongly??? y didnt u ask them to explain the cost at the pt of time?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

confirm count wrong la. u should have checked with the cashier on the spot.

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

irrc,bowling game per game about $2+ to $3..depend where u played..

maybe they charged u by per lane an hour basis...unlimited games for an hour..can range $30+ to $40+

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Do u still have the receipt?
Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:36 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

did u play in japan? rolleyes.gif

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:49 PM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

sorry, if this has posted elsewhere:

will this cause future kopi shop buy over to cost more?

will it mean, eating at the humble heartlands kopi shop become more expensive?

what is the real maths. maybe the buy over is not that expensive?

http://www.tnp.sg/ne...sive-sold-spore

A new record has been set for the transacted price of a coffee shop in Singapore. The Yong Xing Coffee Shop in Block 155, Bukit Batok Street 11 was sold for a staggering $31 million, making it the most expensive coffee shop to be sold in an HDB estate.

The previous record was held by Coffee Express 2000, a nondescript coffee shop in Block 682, Hougang Avenue 4, that was sold for $23.88 million in 2013. Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao reported that the Bukit Batok transaction was finalised last month. 4,521 SQ FT The 4,521 sq ft coffee shop, which is about the size of three executive HDB flats, was sold to a new company, EH 155.

Yong Xing's previous owner had reportedly bought the place for about $3.38 million nearly 20 years ago. According to the newspaper, the selling price is also significant as it indicates the sum of the block number and the new company's name, 155+155, with a few more zeros thrown in. And in Cantonese 3,100 - the same figure without four of those zeros -sounds like "business (comes) continuously".

One of the reasons the coffee shop could have been so attractive, property experts told Wanbao, is that there is no hawker centre in the area.

Some tenants said the rent has been doubled since the handover, to $6,500 a month. Some of the stallholders have increased the price of their food, while some have been staying open for an extra two hours each day.

Showster and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

Yslim79
  • Premium member
    Yslim79
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Wow

31m can buy many washing machines .. Big big laundry business ... Huat arh !

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:41 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

consumers always get the raw ends.

Ministars will tell you that you can don't buy, eat at cheaper place blah blah blah....

A new record has been set for the transacted price of a coffee shop in Singapore. The Yong Xing Coffee Shop in Block 155, Bukit Batok Street 11 was sold for a staggering $31 million, making it the most expensive coffee shop to be sold in an HDB estate.

The previous record was held by Coffee Express 2000, a nondescript coffee shop in Block 682, Hougang Avenue 4, that was sold for $23.88 million in 2013. Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao reported that the Bukit Batok transaction was finalised last month. 4,521 SQ FT The 4,521 sq ft coffee shop, which is about the size of three executive HDB flats, was sold to a new company, EH 155.

Yong Xing's previous owner had reportedly bought the place for about $3.38 million nearly 20 years ago. According to the newspaper, the selling price is also significant as it indicates the sum of the block number and the new company's name, 155+155, with a few more zeros thrown in. And in Cantonese 3,100 - the same figure without four of those zeros -sounds like "business (comes) continuously".

One of the reasons the coffee shop could have been so attractive, property experts told Wanbao, is that there is no hawker centre in the area.

Some tenants said the rent has been doubled since the handover, to $6,500 a month. Some of the stallholders have increased the price of their food, while some have been staying open for an extra two hours each day.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

so the kopi will be priced $5 per cup?

Edited by Wt_know, 16 June 2015 - 09:49 PM.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:51 PM

Latio2005A
  • Latio2005A
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For jobless retiree like me, i buy my own coffee powder kopitiam-type and make my own coffee using a cloth strainer. $14 per kg, can last me about 1.5 mths, 2 cups a day. Cheap cheap very good.

Wife and i cook  our own dinner for family 5 days a week, at least. Got fish, got meat, got chicken and got vegee. Yes, prices have gone up, but still relatively cheap.

If we live simple lifestyle, we should be able to manage. I look at some 3rd world neighbors. Earning power is low, but basic necessities in the city are relatively more expensive.

We are still blessed.

Kangadrool, F355, Evillusion, Sabian, Vid, Hydrocarbon, Mrmilktooth, 1 other member and 1 Anonymous member praised this
No Free Lunch
I am semi-retired. Smelling roses before it is too late.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:56 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Totally unsustainable. 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:00 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Totally unsustainable. 

It will be sustainable if government insist on not building any hawker centers in the area.

That is all.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:05 AM

Pmet
  • Pmet
    4th Gear
    Author Image

$5 noodles @ hawker center anyone?! Property huat ah! But ppl soon have to jia sai liao...

BECAUSE appreciation of property price does not materialize until you have sold. For the average Joe with only 1 property, that only translates to paper gain. Better repent for the next 1 year PPL!

Edited by Pmet, 17 June 2015 - 04:08 AM.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:39 AM

Coltplussport
  • Premium member
    Coltplussport
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

consumers always get the raw ends.

Ministars will tell you that you can don't buy, eat at cheaper place blah blah blah....

Exactly, eat at cheaper place. The coffee shop at 682 hougang that transact at more than $26mil seems to have poorer business after the takeover. They renovated the place but could not attract enough customers because food quality went down and price went up.

Even the 五香虾饼previously at the coffeeshop also moved out to a shop of it own next to it.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wah ... jin ja good life ... nothing more i could ask for ... hehe

Wife and i cook  our own dinner for family 5 days a week, at least. Got fish, got meat, got chicken and got vegee. Yes, prices have gone up, but still relatively cheap.

Latio2005A praised this

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:02 AM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Totally unsustainable. 

Willing landlord, willing food staller owners. Willing seller, willing buyer. Nothing is impossible.

Well, I saw coffee shop with staller owners leaving one by one and left behind empty stalls behind, and the people visiting the coffee shop start to get lesser. Morale of the story, there is a limit to one can tolerate high rental and high food price.

Yewheng, Kangadrool and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:20 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yeah, there's a point when people start to bring your own food to work and start cooking at home.

Willing landlord, willing food staller owners. Willing seller, willing buyer. Nothing is impossible.

Well, I saw coffee shop with staller owners leaving one by one and left behind empty stalls behind, and the people visiting the coffee shop start to get lesser. Morale of the story, there is a limit to one can tolerate high rental and high food price.

Sunny praised this

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:03 AM

Latio2005A
  • Latio2005A
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

wah ... jin ja good life ... nothing more i could ask for ... hehe

Life is Ok ok la. Healthy and with a lovely family. What else to ask for?
What i mean was not fish, meat and chicken all at one meal. Rather i mean is one of these dishes per meal.
No Free Lunch
I am semi-retired. Smelling roses before it is too late.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users