Mazda 6 MPS

Siewss

Neutral Newbie

My ride is still stock. I am power hungry but not that power hungry. [laugh]

Probably intend to add more braking power and improve handling and that's it.

↡ Advertisement

haha.. envy sia... my 'practical' dream car ...

oh ya .. fyi the vid euro R only had suspension, brakes and gear ratio mod only... tink u can do the 1st 2 v gd le...

power too much nt gd for FF cars....

ok... PS to TS ... tink we OT too much le... [:p]

(and he wants turbo psssst psssssssst!!) [:p]

i would have took the same decision as u .. if i had the munnieee [bigcry][bigcry]

the 80+k price tag is really a good deal... and amongst the 3... Euro R is the nicest to me... dun get me wrong.. the other 2 are also good lookin 'gentlemen' cars... [;)]

the front rear of double wishbone suspensions has great tuning potential... i saw this best motoring vid when a lightly modified Euro R driven by orido-san was constantly shadowing a lightly mod DC5R driven by tsuchiya-san.... despite the 150kg wt difference.. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Euro R using double wishbone also for rear suspension? I never knew about his.

Neutral Newbie

No. Was considering MPS6 when I was looking to change my ride. At one time, MM sold it to a dealer who then sold it for $94k! Very good price since mileage is only 20km! I was prepared to sign the paper until my wife dismissed it.

siewss has more than enough info on the euroR already.

That's true...to a large extent, I'm quite ready for a change in the FI direction. What's your nick in SHC?

sorry bro.. i chanced upon that newspaper article eons ago... [sweatdrop] can't help u with that... let alone the look of tt car...

hahaha or u can beg borrow steal someone else's MPS test drive... see got diff anot.. [:p][laugh]

That's a tall order, especially since I know next to no one in the Mazda community, let along MPS. Anyway, I'll assess the risk accordingly and make a call.

yeps ... ichishima-san of spoon sports was qutoed that the nature of the front rear double wishbone makes the CL7 have more tuning potential than DC5s and EP3s... plus its longer wheelbase...

woops.. OT again ... [lipsrsealed]

(edited)

Go with ur heart, can see that u already fall in love with this car and now it's only the resale that's holding u [:)]

IMO i see euro R and LGT so often that they now look almost like normal car to me. but whenever i see the MPS 6, i just drool over it because it's so rare here in sg let alone MY! [nosebleed][nosebleed][nosebleed]

and another good thing about it is the understated look, ppl won't be able to tell the difference between the normal 6 and the MPS if they don't know much about the MPS and only to find out the truth when they try to poke u [sly]

though it's not really that quick i think the specs is pretty decent for a car this weight and almost every articles i read about the MPS 6 praises the handling (even the well known car basher jeremy clarkson) so i guess it must be fun to drive.

LGT on another hand has got tonnes of aftermarket mods but the only thing i don't like about it is the autobox and too common on the road [gossip]

Euro R is in a different league though, that one is NA and high rev [nosebleed][nosebleed][nosebleed]. but can see that it's not in ur consideration so i guess the forced induction requirement is pretty much fixed [thumbsup]

anyway u can't go wrong with either car, so it's just a matter of finding the one that stands higher in ur heart [thumbsup]

Edited by En0203

I feel I'm at a juncture where following the heart can become a dangerous thing. I have to take the lead from my head now because of the perceived risk involved.

Similarly I read a lot of positive MPS reviews too, but apparently the smarty pants all wheel drive can also catch the driver unaware, especially when slowing down before entering a corner. Think it'll take quite a bit of practice before proper corner can be mastered.

Let's see how it goes....

I read the attraction of this MPS to u is the potentially low dep for a fling with a TC ride?

Then it's worthwhile to check out the export value for this car, since it may make most sense to scrap it when changing car down the future.

Personally i will go for a used Legacy, coz to me the head rules. laugh.gif Or if i dun mind a less HP ride but no less the TC fun, a used Golf IV GTI or A4 1.8T chipped up makes a great proposition too.

Yes, potentially low dep is the right word and forms the main motivation. LGT is a good, safe bet, but doesn't met the potentially low dep criteria.

Hardly any purchase of this sort ever go 100% my way, and trade off becomes necessary. It's what I want to trade off that makes this decision a huge tussle between emotion and logic.

Is the MPS having a lower dep than LGT? You have to compare a similar condition one, meaning 2 owners and same mileage.

I would say if the dep is like 2-400 difference, that hardly makes a difference if the lower one is likely to suffer more repair needs as that can easily wipe out the diff.

↡ Advertisement