My Car's Paint Recovery Work

Cthulhu

Hi guys,

Background:

My car's going to be two years old. It's dark blue in color, close to being black actually [:p]. Due to poor EXTERIOR maintenance [:/] (For the record, I love my car BUT due to family commitments, I've been very busy & simply just couldn't afford the time to wash the car myself), my car's body is riddled with scratches, swirl marks etc. I would say, out of a 5-level rating of how bad it is, my car would be about 3!

Thru these two yes, my car was sent for polishing/waxing 4 times. In between that, I cleaned the car at those $6 car petrol-station car wash. The swirl marks all over my car body was quite obviously caused by poor polishing/waxing methods. These were hidden after waxing. And I did not send my car for those don't-know-who's anyhow-wax shops. I spend about $150 on each polishing/waxing work prior to this.

And guys, try not to send your car to those petrol-station car-wash if you can. Some of these fellas really scrub until the dirt/sand on their cloth cause sratches on the cars they wash.

Recovery Work

So, seeing my car in the state that it is, I've been looking around for paint-recovery services around our little island. I didn't just want a cosmetic polishing/waxing job that would hide the flaws under a hard/thick layer of wax. Yesterday, I decided to try Imperial-1 at Toh Guan Center when I saw the advert in Hot Stuff mag, which I regularly buy.

To cut the story short, the Ops Manager called Paul Ong served my well. He gave me a convincing demo & answered all my questions confidently.

After agreeing to the work, they worked on my car from 11am till 6pm. When I collected my car, it's basically like the day I collected my car new! No joke guys! The car just shines with this wet look! The reflections on the car was amazing - heck even my face looks ham-some [laugh]! Of course, the deeper scratches are still there if you scrutinize the car but most of the minor scratches & swirl marks are gone. My ONLY REGRET is that I didn't bring in a good camera to show the car in detail & close-up. I've attached a photo from my hp camera to share.

The details for the Imperial are as follows:

www.imperial1.com

21 Toh Guan Road East

#03-01 Toh Guan Center

tel: 6791 9979

Ops manager Paul Ong hp 8111 4425

disclaimer: I've no share or stake whatsoever in their shop/business, I'm just a satisfied customer. Scouts honor!

post-5-1204765327_thumb.jpg

post-5-1204765327_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

[sweatdrop]

[bigcry]

the basic package is 180. paint recovery is on top of tat...

so my paint recovery was 200...

that's the price i paid for not maintaining my car... [:/]

and oh yes, it's acity alright... u r super sharp bro! i respect! [;)]

Edited by Cthulhu

(edited)

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Honda cars have very little scratch resistant. So must spend more money on body maintenance!

Edited by Driftking

You sure about that? A BMW served into my lane and his side mirror hit mine. His broke and flew off, while I didnt have a single scratch on mine.

Stirring up sxxt again arent you?

Hey, should you only wash your car once a month via those petrol kiosk car washes for 2 whole years , you'd get those swirl marks in 2 years.

If your paintwork still remains perfect and swirl free after 2 years, I would really like to find out what kind and brand of paint they use, which is so good and can keep your car price so low too!

Maybe those chinese car makers have invented an adamantium compound color paint which in the same time made it an indestructible car. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Prove it to us and we shall stand corrected by your china power, never to challenge your words and actions, no matter how unwise or juvenile they may seem. [:)][:)]

(edited)

my dear fren, PLEASE don't stir **** in this thread, ok? PLEASE????? [mad]

PLEASE continue ur postings in ur other famous threads! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!

Edited by Cthulhu

(edited)

hahaha dont use your own car as the basis for comparison with other cars.

Oh I better keep my mouth shut in case you challenge me to a race.

Edited by Xeryh
↡ Advertisement