• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

Showtime
  • Showtime
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any recommendations for a product of this nature?
Little left of centre-line...

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

u mean similar product under diff brand or diff product (diff chemical) but same function?

waxco is one other brand producing such rain repellent.

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

Showtime
  • Showtime
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

anything that does the same function regardless of manner of which achieved.

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

Eeee78
  • Eeee78
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Duragloss rain repel

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

Clubace
  • Clubace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Glaco - Japan product (maybe wrong spelling)

Waxco - Malaysia product, cheap

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

Nohorserun
  • Nohorserun
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

DG rain repellent from Bro MD. It lasted through several heavy rain thumbsup.gif

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

Sirbrian
  • Sirbrian
    5th Gear
    Author Image

nod.gif Soft99 Glaco rocks.

I had switched from RainX to Glaco, and it is so much better. So much less wiper jutter, better beeding of rain drops.

Glaco is very easy to apply but it tends to fogs up a little while after the wipers have gone a cycle.

RainX is more difficult to apply but no fogging issue.

So pro and con.
[drivingcar]
It's not how fast you drive but how you drive fast.

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

Ken_leong
  • Premium member
    Ken_leong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I agree with you bro. DG rain repellent from MD lasts. thumbsup.gif

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:08 AM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i get "fog" with rainX and little judder.

sama sama la. personally i rather judder than fog.. unless noisy judder dizzy.gif laugh.gif

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:07 PM

Carlover76
  • Carlover76
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Any recommendations for a product of this nature?

I think if you want to spend a little more and let the professional coat your windows and windscreen for you, you can try ClearSafe, you will achieve same effect as Rain-X but will not get your wiper judder.

http://www.nanoaq.co...?item=ClearSafe

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

Showtime
  • Showtime
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

how long does this last in your opinion?

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

Carlover76
  • Carlover76
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Probably 1-3 years, I have not check the full details with them but I have seen some cars with this treatment.

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

Tay107
  • Tay107
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I think if you want to spend a little more and let the professional coat your windows and windscreen for you, you can try ClearSafe, you will achieve same effect as Rain-X but will not get your wiper judder.

http://www.nanoaq.co...?item=ClearSafe

how much?? front only/ or +back +side??

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:45 PM

Hwang79
  • Premium member
    Hwang79
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Has anyone used/tried Mantis Fast Glass for cleaning and rain-repellent?

How's the result? Is it worth $19.90 (from Giant). Does it cause the wiper to shudder?

Thanks.

http://www.simplemot...s/#.VbW33_mqqko

Edited by Hwang79, 27 July 2015 - 12:47 PM.

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:25 PM

NuNanoSg
  • NuNanoSg
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Guys, if you all are interested in hydrophobic coating for your windshield, visit www.facebook.com/nunanotec or contact me at 90932110.

Currently having promotion for front and rear coating.

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:26 PM

Eiji
  • Eiji
    Clutched
    Author Image

To prevent Rain-X from having wiper judder, apply a thin layer of rain x on your wiper as well.

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:39 AM

boonhat_91
  • Premium member
    boonhat_91
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I bought one of this type of sticker for my side mirrors, but the effect seems to wear off after a few months. Anyway, how do I remove it? It's stuck pretty well and I can't just pick it off with my fingernail.

Annotation 2019-06-16 003025.png

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:25 PM

lightforx
  • Premium member
    lightforx
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I bought one of this type of sticker for my side mirrors, but the effect seems to wear off after a few months. Anyway, how do I remove it? It's stuck pretty well and I can't just pick it off with my fingernail.

attachicon.gifAnnotation 2019-06-16 003025.png

Can soapy water help? 

I recently bought the Glaco Mirror Coat Zero. Works well!

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:11 PM

Ravinged
  • Premium member
    Ravinged
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Switched to Glaco from RainX but seemed like Glaco not very lasting. I actually used the spray type after carwash. After 2-3 carwash the effect is gone and need to reapply.

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:35 PM

Junky73
  • Junky73
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I use mirror coat zero. From glaco

7months and still good. Though can see some stains at the edge. I
Important thing is don’t get soap onto the side mirror and don’t touch it

Edited by Junky73, 07 July 2019 - 10:36 PM.

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Windshield, water, repellent and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users