Automated hotline to check on Causeway traffic

Rocker

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I found this number in ICA website and it is kind of useful if you have no access to the web for the website view of the causeway.

68630117 - LTA causeway traffic hotline.

↡ Advertisement

Not very accurate sometimes if u ask me...I called at abt 1020pm earlier on to check on wdlands customs to JB...Surprisingly i was told "Traffic is free-flowing"....not believing what i heard, i went online to chk onemotoring website only to find the queue all the way from the start of the bridge. [dizzy]

I agree with you. I called the hotline when I was about to leave Jb for SG. Voice recorder said "Traffic is freeflowing" but when I cleared the JB checkpoint, entered the causeway, there was a beeline of cars heading towards SG checkpoint. All in all it took around 30 minutes to clear SG checkpoint once I joined the queue. [sweatdrop]

WHen they say 2nd link is "heavily congested", the wait may be 20 mins only.

for woodlands, "free flowing" going back to SG, wait at SG side alone can be 20 mins, plus 30 mins or more on JB side.

going back to SG, these days it seems JB immigration is a bit slower than SG, due to traffic. but going into JB always JB faster [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie
Hi,

I found this number in ICA website and it is kind of useful if you have no access to the web for the website view of the causeway.

68630117 - LTA causeway traffic hotline.

This is a CRAP number.... No accurate when u need it. I called couple times before checking on both departure and arrival, and was told 'traffic is free-flowing'... ya right. End up jam like hell. Once I was stuck at SG customs for almost 2hrs and when I called the hotline, it still says 'traffic is free-flowing' KNN [mad][thumbsdown][knife]