2F2F at Jln Bahar; BBQ Van and flying turtle

Apollo

March 19, 2008 Car overturned, van burst into fire in collision

ln-jalanbahar.jpg

AN EARLY morning collision on Wednesday left a car turned turtle and a van ablaze at the busy junction of Jurong West Avenue 5 and Jalan Bahar.

Police said that they received a call at about 7am informing them of the accident involving the two vehicles.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force arrived a few minutes later and put out the fire, which came from the van's front engine compartment.

No was injured in the accident.

Stomper Elijah Chai, said police arrived at the scene at about 7.15m.

From her window, she said she saw a vehicle on fire, right smack in the middle of the junction, and an overturned car.

'Flames were shooting up into the sky, and traffic was restricted to just a single lane of the major junction. There were some SCDF officers trying to put out the fire. There was a smallish explosion that took an officer off-guard,' she said in an email to Stomp.

'A while later, an officer entered the overturned car and turned off the engine. An ambulance arrived later, having taken a detour to avoid the massive jam.'

'As far as I could see, I did not witness any casualties.'

She also sent in several photos of the accident to Stomp.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/...ory_218432.html

↡ Advertisement

Lesson to learn:

1) Drive within speed limits

2) Invest in and change to better tires

3) Be considerate and careful in driving at all times.

Neutral Newbie

These days can see many vans and lorries drive very very fast........hiong kai kai, so not surprised. Maybe pace of life has got out of hand ......... everything must be done FAST FAST FAST......... [shakehead]

I wouldn't comment on that since I was not there and dunno what happened.

But I have noticed that many DRIVERS are getting more impatient especially while waiting at the lights.

yea...agree along bt timah rd just now this corolla altis black colour driver shot off the line immediately when light turn red for the crossing directions...forgetting there is such a thing call green flashing arrow....and this happened at 3 lights consecutively...v dangerous...well for one he nearly collided with a vios...au auntie who changed lane without signalling..but the guy was stepping hard on his accelerator...cld have been bad...luckily din....funny thing is i always end up beside him at the red light ahead...haha..

lesson?

how much faster can u go on SG roads ? be safe is better

yesterday on the PIE there was a van with 60kph limit driving at 90kph on lane 1, and road hogging. I patiently waited for nearly a 1/2km for him to give way - but no.. the fella insist on chionging on lane 1 at 80-90. Then i flashed headlights a few times, but still didn't give way - so no choice, waited for a break on lane 2 and overtook him.

Saw a Middle aged guy with a full load of passengers turning to stare at me for flashing my lights at them. shakehead.gif

Wish i had a in car video cam to capture and send to TP.

- Roadhog

- speeding beyong veh speed limit

- reckless driving

Edited by Parkingidiot

Van speeding at 90km/hr, u overtook van, PIE speed limit 80~90.

U also speeding when overtaking the van what. Even if u capture it on video and sent to TP, u'll also kenna. Isn't it? [:/]

These days can see many vans and lorries drive very very fast........hiong kai kai, so not surprised. Maybe pace of life has got out of hand ......... everything must be done FAST FAST FAST......... [shakehead]

If a Van veered into lane 1 on Expressway, If I'm right behind, I'll not hesitate to give it a loud blast. This is to remind him to go back to lane 2 as he is suppose to keep to the speed limit.

Regards,

huh? which part of the article stated that it was the van that speed? [hur] wonder why they always conveniently become the scrap goat

Wonder why it took 15mins for police to arrive - when they are just across the junction smile.gif

at that time changing shift la....just like petrol kiosks....when changing shift...cannot pumplaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

↡ Advertisement