Latest engine treatment additive - BORPower

Hattee

Neutral Newbie

Looking beyond our shoreline, can this be an additive that not only challenges many existing engine oil additives/treatments but turns irrelevant so-called oil technologies from major engine oil producers, or it's just a snake oil to our usual skeptics ...

BORPower

Edited by Hattee
↡ Advertisement

THe last time i use slick

my AD cow pei cow bu clog my oil filter

tell me dont be a smart ass

if needed most manufacturers would ask you to buy

Neutral Newbie

what do you think of the tests and certification (refer to link) if you have read them?

Looks like you might not be exactly correct (same to FTC) from so many advocates of Slick 50 after 3 decades. But this might even be better.

You know what I find dodgy??? For a company that states it has 15yrs in this industry and has products in various industries, why does its only list 3 additives in its product page???

The question is when do one get the guts to drive our without engine oil

how much actual wear and tear that it really protect that would prolong your engine oil

most engine oil chemical within deterior the minute you start the car, so basically you have bland oil + slick

regularly engine oil change is recommended because there are dirt collected in the oil and SLICK does not help remove it

in time the oil filter is working way below its efficiency level

the power of advertisement

REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE THOSE WHO BELIEVE THAT CO2 IS THE CAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING BUT THERE ARE THOSE WELL KNOWN SCIENTIST THAT TELLS YOU WITH EVIDENCE THAT IT IS NOT CO2

IT IS FROM THE SUN AND COSMI RAYS

you dont see oil companies like shell wanting to buy or have a share in SLICK

save your money and use it for a good meal

the regular servicing is good enough

trust me, i have tried it all

want to save $ on petrol , best is still go CNG or hybrid or drive a diesel...if not

still to be as light footed lah [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Well I don't remember reading their test as "The question is when do one get the guts to drive our without engine oil"

Seems to me, most of their explanation, test and certification make slightly more sense than some quick statements here (tho I have not tried Borpower yet). Suggest take some effort to read the link. [;)]

Personally, I do not have so much faith like some on big brand oils except amused by their advertisement.

The reports doesnt seem so professional and poorly reproduced.

Most are one-liner kind of comment.

Moreover, when i tried to search for its parent company, it ends up with the same website.

Kinda low budget kind approach for some company which claims international presence.

Edited by Clubace

Neutral Newbie

You must be an expert in oil additive to consider the information unprofessional at http://www.nnt-nanotechnology.com/certificates-tests/ unprofessional huh. Maybe you like to cite for us here which specific part is technically unsound. Have you made this conclusion without reading the "actual" report in the further links?

Technical certification

The top quality and effectiveness of BORPower

Neutral Newbie

Interesting. But spare us the incovinience of emailing the company for things like, reports on fleet wear levels. I was read with much interest the profile of the product, namely how it claims it can protect etc. But that the page, i only see, things about emission, and power test with singular vehicles, or rather, single vehicles. I am sure any engineers will consider the sample size to be too small to make any conclusive remarks.

being Nano does't actually buy us over. We have seen how Chemical Vapour Deposition (CVD) is performed on Si substrates, and irregularities does not get masked over by the deposited film. The effect is more pronounced in MEMS devices. How thick can this product actually coat, to produce the overlaping effect that further mask the dimples? If the layer is thin, it cannot. To do so, the deposition layer has to be sufficiently thick. If the write up is understood correctly by me, then the product has be able to continously desposit over itself. There comes a quiry. What chemical process is it then talking about? Is the chemical reaction with the engine interior, the oil as well as the product in the introductry page, merely about deposition chemistry? And the serious implication, if it can self deposit itself, then chances are, it can snowball into larger particles that are no longer in the nano scale.

Are there any ASTM test somewhere? I appologise for not reading further as i simply still can't find it. Are there reports as to the resultant oil are mixing with this product? How does the property of the oil change? or is it that it is inert, contridictry to the introductry writeup, to the engine oil?

Much doubts are still surfacing the more i gave it a thought. In the meantime, we will appreciate if you can update us regarding such quiries. [:)]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Finally we have a sensible comments here. I wish to say again I personally have not tried BORpower but will give most additives some benefit, particularly if they have been around for awhile or the users population is significant. I'll never want to end up implying to cleverer than those many even if I didn't exactly benefited after 1 try (Those FTC dispute should be of little concern if you understand what exactly they are disputing). Hence, I do not wish to and will not able to defend BORpower beyond what they have disclosed openly. Agree BORpower could actually be marketed to automobile as late as 2007, hence not too large a users population. But looks like you also didn't read through all the disclosed information if I may just quote in RED (do forgive me if I have not quoted satisfactorily).

Interesting. But spare us the incovinience of emailing the company for things like, reports on fleet wear levels. I was read with much interest the profile of the product, namely how it claims it can protect etc. But that the page, i only see, things about emission, and power test with singular vehicles, or rather, single vehicles. I am sure any engineers will consider the sample size to be too small to make any conclusive remarks.

The positive tribological capabilities of BORPower

Edited by Hattee
↡ Advertisement