Nabeiz.. this toothpaste kopikat me deh..

Apollo

'Oral Me' toothpaste raises eyebrows in Malaysia

Tuesday, 08 April , 2008, 12:22

Last Updated: Tuesday, 08 April , 2008, 12:28

Kuala Lumpur: Malaysians are debating whether 'Oral Me' as a toothpaste brand name is sexually suggestive or not and the product is raising laughs as well as eyebrows in the country.

Manufactured by a local company, Kulim, based in Kedah state, the marketing of the toothpaste has got the conservatives protesting, New Straits Times newspaper said on Monday.

Melissa Leong, 28, felt the brand name had a sexual connotation.

"Manufacturers should think twice when naming their products," she said.

Kuala Lumpur based advertising executive Martin Voon wondered if the manufacturer understood the phrase while coining the brand name.

"I'm shocked. Such words are normally found on a spoof," he said.

Kieran Sharkey, an English teacher, said the name does not carry a positive connotation and could be misconstrued.

"With the amount of information available to the younger generation, I feel they can interpret it wrongly. Manufacturers should be careful. Otherwise they will be made fun of," Sharkey said.

The company could not be reached for comment, the newspaper said.

http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14640105

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...1990165#1990165

how arh? sud i follow old fart and sue their pants off?!?!?!?!

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

those who kpkb should go fly kite..

if they have a clean mind..how they know what 'oral me' means?

Turbocharged

thats why no matter how you look at it..their gahment still not really up to our side..our gabrament may be overpaid buggers sitting from god-knows where..but theirs lagi worse..

at least our side don't quarrel over small little little kucing kurap stuff like this..

Maybe they do but censored?

Someone posted that a certain MP once raised an issue about the name of "C" class wards and suggested to change it to "E" which meant economy...

Turbocharged

actually dis oral me name has long been printed on tee shirts spoofing de oral b.those dat can b found in far east plz n bugis market.

This is nothing but just a gimmick to create publicity for this product. More pple talk abt it, more discussion generated and more pple will rem the pdt. Just like Imedeen with all the swallow talk..pple still rem it after all these yrs..

↡ Advertisement