Possible? Lock in a BMW?

Leepee

(edited)

Pardon my ignorance.

1) Which model of BMW does not allow one to open the door from inside?

2) Child-safety lock? Also available for the front driver/passenger door meh?

3) Aside from car battery dead or electronic failure, does some BMW car really has a function to lock the four door permanently and not able to open from inside?

Police looking for 2 men who robbed woman of $50,000

Wed, Apr 09, 2008

The Straits Times

POLICE are looking for two men who robbed a woman of $50,000 on Tuesday.

One of the men, armed with a knife, confronted the woman in her 60s in the driveway of her house, off Braddell Road, as she was getting out of her BMW car.

Her three-year-old grand-daughter and a Filipino maid were in the car at the time.

The robber got into the rear seat with the girl and maid and ordered the woman to drive to a bank at Hougang Central.

Along the way, the second robber joined them.

At the bank at Block 850A Hougang Central, the woman was made to withdraw $50,000. The robbers took the money and fled at about 1.30pm.

Police said the two robbers were Chinese. The first suspect, aged between 30 and 40 years, is slim, with tanned complexion and is about 1.7m tall.

He spoke to the victim in English and was last seen wearing a black jacket with dark pants, and a navy blue baseball cap.

The second man, aged between 40 and 50 years, was last seen in a black and white striped shirt and dark coloured pants.

As the woman was taken to the bank to get money, the maid and the little girl were locked inside the car parked at a multi-storey carpark in Hougang.

The maid waved furiously to a man for help as he was pulling into the lot beside the BMW.

Mr Ting Ming Sheng, 45, who runs a coffee stall at a hawker stall, was shocked when he saw the two in the car, which was locked from outside, with the child-safety locks engaged.

He wanted to call the police, but the maid begged him not to, saying that the robber had threatened to kill all of them if she alerted the police.

Mr Ting eventually called the police, who arrived shortly and freed the maid and the baby from the car.

Anyone with information should call the police hotline at 1800-255-0000.

Edited by Leepee
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

All cars can LOCK FROM outsidetongue.gif.....the maid could just open from the front doorwink.gif.....maybe she is too scare cos the robber threaten to kill them so she better stay inside.....?unsure.gif But its true some car model once locked, no one can open even when its inside....unimpressed.gif

Withdraw $50K from the bank (cannot be from ATM for sure)...what happen to people around, no one notice? no one can help? CISCO officer? WOnder what weapon the robber is holding...?frown.gif

shakehead.gif

Edited by Caaa

With child-lock safety feature, all cars can't be opened from inside.

For BMW 3 series onwards (newer ones), u can actually lock someone inside if u have the key in ur hand and just lock the door. Recall 1 of the SEs demo that to us and said u can lock the thief inside and just wait for the police to arrive before releasing him. [sly]

these is guess is some kind of 'double-lock'. only can double-lock/unlock with the keyless control, or the key from the driver-side. once is is doublelock, the manual lock switch on the inside no possible to open.

subaru have this too.

(edited)

I though I read a case recently whereby this guy/lady had locked the baby inside and had to call for assistance to unlock the doors? It was a beemer [laugh][laugh]

Or is it the guy/lady forgot that the baby was inside the door.

i found it

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/...70523-8258.html

Is it possible to unwind the window the climb out from the window?

Edited by Kifakw

Some cars, when locked using the remote, cannot be opened from inside without using the remote. You pull the door-release handle from inside and the door still won't open. Most often, it's a conti car.

Neutral Newbie

is just a double-lock, my mazda also like this...

if i press 2 time lock on the remote... than even all the window is open, u cannot open the door from inside or outside.. unless u press unlock... no way can open the door at all!

Thanks for all the clarification information.

I guess I am suay-ku about this double lock thing.

All my cars are jap so far. No such double lock feature.

I always thought that to open a door from inside is a 100% safety feature in accident case, where you need to open the door to get out ASAP. Double lock seems to be a danger in such situation? Not?

All MY cars are Jap.

Lao Peh cars are NOT my cars!

Understand?

Your GF's/wife's underwear you got wear and study its design or not?

Turbocharged

Don't understand leh.. I more stupid than you

Neber study my gf's suacepanter design also but maybe you can lend me yours I stardee for a while can?

Thats my point!

If you never stardee your wife's saucepender...then why you ASSume I got study my laopeh cars?

So you see, not everyone is as cleber and riche as you to own a nice BMW.

I Jay-les u got BMW....I ownee got jipon kar.

Hey....wen i got marnee....i wan 2 get also a BeeM.

↡ Advertisement