Has anyone heard of The Lewis Method

Casey

Whatever PM method you use, most important is the company or customer recognises it.

My company has this UK customer who specifically ask for a PM who is certified in a UK don't-know-call-what PM standard. Whole singapore cannot find. End up got to get someone from UK.

So if you are thinking of attending the course, better to find out properly first.

Neutral Newbie

wow they can be so particular...they looking for PM related to IT? or other projects?

Bro,

I have not... maybe becos I am in IT consulting related fields. I am aware of PMP from PMI and of course the PM credential from SCS.. CITPM.

Lewis? nope.

Neutral Newbie

I think the UK project management cert is called PRINCE. It is only recognised in UK, just as CITPM is only recognised in Singapore. For some UK based company located in Singapore, they still prefer PRINCE because their Head office in UK mandates it.

It is coincidental that you bring up this topic because I am studying PMP now. tongue.gif

Yeah, it was an IT project. Their reason for being particular was that they need to follow the UK PM method in order to pass certain audits. I guess the audit is also some UK standard.

Neutral Newbie

Been thinking abt making the switch into IT project administrator/management (PM0) side, what courses would be a good start for me to get notice and get hired?

i thinking of taking up microsoft project 2003 first, im aware abt PMI and CITPM, but are these more for those who are already in the job?

or sld i just go for CITPM?

need your expertise here [;)]

Neutral Newbie

no wonder they are so particular...getting tat audit pass is ever so important now

Bro, if u want to enter into project management, I suggest you look into PMP. cos PMP does not tie you into any particular industry. Having a PMP for 6 years already, I find it really useful.

PMP is good for getting you into some jobs that specifically ask for this credential, including IT project management appointments. But note that you need to renew PMP every 3 years. you have to keep update your PMP experience to renew the PMP credential. Else your PMP will lapse.

On CITPM. Singapore gov IT industry is quite biased.

Most gov related IT appts will ask for CITPM which is a brainchild from SCS. But to me CITPM is really a piece of paper qualification that is valid in Singapore nia. So if you die die want to go into gov IT projects, then CITPM is good.

I have CITPM for 5 years already, but alamak, I do not really need this for any of my projects or consulting services.

But companies doing non-IT projects do not really bother if you have CITPM. They tend to want their project managers to have more internationally recognised project management credential.

PRINCE is not really a mainstream project management credential, like CITPM. Go for PRINCE if you think that your company has plan for you to go through methodologies specific to PRINCE. Basically a baised set of methodologies.

Been thinking abt making the switch into IT project administrator/management (PM0) side, what courses would be a good start for me to get notice and get hired?

i thinking of taking up microsoft project 2003 first, im aware abt PMI and CITPM, but are these more for those who are already in the job?

or sld i just go for CITPM?

need your expertise here

[/qoute]

Turbocharged

go for those that are internationally recognised like prince2 or pmp.

useful wherever you go [thumbsup]

pmp is us based and prince2 is uk based. imo, both equally good and recognised altho' some companies may have a preference over the other.

i got a link from a friend on how pm are offered/paid in australia..

http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-cent...communications/

://http://content.mycareer.com.au/sala...mmunications/

some employers are willing to pay over A$200k pa for a good pm [sly]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

thanks for the sound advise [:)]

Seems like PMP does open more doors, i have heard my friends saying taking PMP requires you to be working in project management-related industry already. Is it true?

Edited by Casey