Toyota recalls 630,000 Noah and Voxy minivans in Japan

Magfocus

TOKYO: Toyota Motor Corp. said Wednesday it would recall more than 630,000 minivans in Japan due to defective fuel tanks and computer systems, in the latest quality concern to hit the auto giant.

The latest recalls will cover 628,239 Noah and Voxy minivans produced from November 2001 through May 2007 because of defective fuel tanks that may crack, the company said.

The company also issued a recall for 2,617 Noah and Voxy minivans with cruise-control systems that may stall when the accelerator is pressed rapidly.

Toyota, on course to overtake US giant General Motors as the world's top selling automaker, has announced several large recalls in Japan and abroad in recent years, prompting a renewed push by executives to resolve quality issues.

Japan's transport ministry told Toyota in 2006 to improve its operations after local police alleged that the company knowingly failed to respond to a defect in a sports utility vehicle. - AFP/ac

CNA

Posted: 10 April 2008 0852 hrs

↡ Advertisement

Alamak, i really suay. All my previous car also kena recall too.

Will have to all PI agent and see how.. With BM not carrying model and not many Noah/Voxy on the road, it's going to be dicey..

so far my Noah is doing fine...

dunno about that. they may carry out on goodwill but i guess they will not bear the cost. Then again BM do not carry Noah and Voxy.

Anyway, my PI is checking if my vehicle is being recalled...just wait and see. Maybe replaced the defective fuel tank with a smaller one AND a CNG kit!!

I have already seen 3 new Voxy on the road 2 SJDs and 1 SJE. Another bro is getting his new ride in August.. However, the new Voxy/Noah are different and an improvement on my current ride.

Not true. Toyota Japan states that PI cars are not under its warranty. When WIsh had a recall earlier, Totoya Japan said that the PI cars are de-registered cars in Japan and so its warranty does not cover them.

Supersonic

Why would BM bother about PI car?

They don't make money out of them, in fact, they are losing business to PI.

Neutral Newbie

[laugh] Noah / Voxy population growing ? so far I've one seen ONE Voxy, while saw 4 Noah (2 silver 2 grey) ...

Still waiting for mine to arrive ... [sleeping]

Not true. Toyota Japan states that PI cars are not under its warranty. When WIsh had a recall earlier, Totoya Japan said that the PI cars are de-registered cars in Japan and so its warranty does not cover them.

You missed out another point:

Local PI agents are required by law to provide replacement service and to contact all their affected customer within given dateline.

↡ Advertisement