Do you think MIW policies are confusing sometimes?

Apollo

Do you think MIW policies are confusing sometimes?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, MIW's FAQ are simply chasing the tail with no ANSWER
    • Yes, I need to constantly asked for answers
    • Eh... I got house & car to finance. No comments
    • No... I know everything like the back of my hand
    • No... I know but I am not telling... :x

Noting that the level of political debates in Singapore has generally gone up a notch, Mr Lee noted that some of the speeches by the Nominated Members of Parliament have sparked "widespread reactions" among the public. .

Said Mr Lee: "The Government might not agree with their views but it is good that they can speak their mind in Parliament. This is how it should be and it also fulfils our objective of appointing NMPs." .But Mr Lee was less approving in his assessment of the performance of the Opposition MPs. .

"In fact, they seldom engage the Government head-on in Parliamentary debates. Potong Pasir MP Chiam See Tong speaks less nowadays. Non-constituency MP Sylvia Lim's speeches are rather cautious and reserved, which, of course, is a good thing," said Mr Lee. .

On Workers' Party's chief Low Thia Khiang, Mr Lee said: "He is very sharp but he seldom debates about the thrust of government policies and the broader issues. It seems like he is more passionate about nitpicking and making the government look bad ?which is quite different from the rousing speeches he gave in the election rallies." .He added: "His attitude is that his responsibility is just to criticise government policies, and not to offer alternatives." .

Mr Low and Ms Lim could not be reached for comments at press time. Mr Chiam declined to respond. .

While the Government has been increasing efforts to explain its policies to Singaporeans ?due to the rising educational levels and the growing complexity of policies ?there would always be criticisms, said Mr Lee, who felt that these critics usually agree with the policies' objectives but disagree on the mechanics. And some do not understand the policies fully. .

Said Mr Lee: "In fact, if we test people's understanding of policies, I think even news workers and PAP MPs might not pass."

-----------

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/248273.asp

Edited by Apollo
↡ Advertisement

i think the best example is taxi fare.. i can neber understand. all i need is to pay not even question how it come abt.. dizzy.gif

I dun speak elites' talks.. They are trying to confuse you to accept their rule.. this is mind tailoring..

OT: That Beijing pill you recommand really powderful.. The blood flow so fast until I feel the same with or without sleep.. sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Beei

power hor... machiam iceciles gg through the blood vains... 1st thing try sibeh song. can feel entire body machiam gg thru a national geography video.

wait lah where gt so fast one? i need to get porker to draft out 1st then use Meecar name to post here.... wait wait wait

power hor... machiam iceciles gg through the blood vains... 1st thing try sibeh song. can feel entire body machiam gg thru a national geography video.

si mi Beijing pill, old man can take or not?

Regards,

北京同仁堂大活络丹

suitable one lah... as long as not pregnant women and not those with heart condition problem. sud b ok.

improve blood circulation

How to debate them head on in parliament? Even if the opposition has a valid point, the MIW has the ability (not to mention numbers) to put you down... And if they cannot convince you, they'll just confuse you...

yup... nat policy also. 1 opposite member vs 10 MPs anything brought up by opp / NMP will be thoroughly vetted and these 10 MPs will help to repuidiate, and cover the MiniStar.

↡ Advertisement