Valuation of condo?

YellowFlash

Neutral Newbie
hmm, any bros/sis knows anything about valuation of condo?...like wat factors to consider to know the price per sq ft?

Hi,

not wanting to dampen your condo hunt mood but you might want to wait till Q3/Q4 2008 for a better deal. The current market sentiment is quite low actually. There might be some "boss jump down from building" (老板跳楼大减价) price later this year. [:p]

Edited by Cty_15

Supercharged

It is not going to fall.

Property always tie in with inflation and no way property prices is going to fall when inflation is going up the roof.

Those who are doing the wait and see is going to be sorry.

but theres property bubble that burst and due to that alot of owners who bought their houses at peak prices are suffering negative equity, so why do u say no way property prices will fall? there was many life examples on this, like before the 98 crisis property was sky high and after that, property prices dipped.

well... these 2 property stocks research reports have drawn counter-views in Singapore property market:

Buy Singapore property stocks - BCA Research

http://www.nextinsight.com.sg/content/view/315/60/

Don't indiscriminately buy S'pore property stocks - Insider

http://www.nextinsight.com.sg/content/view/317/60/

Interesting readings [;)]

Edited by Tortoise777

Supercharged

Of course there are bubbles everywhere, but the "bubble" for the current property market has not even begin yet.

If you have people everywhere doing a wait and see (reported in Today's paper), then obviously the "mania" hasn't even started.

The local property still has much legs to go, I don't see it crumbling down at least not until 2010.

Edited by Starry

Bro, nothing is for sure in this chaotic global sentiments. All it takes is another 9-11 and you will soon see many more MRT track jumpers when the property market crash.

Terrorists do not follow time table hor. [:|]

Neutral Newbie

Well.....

1stly: You can check the following link and determine how many units have transacted recently in the project you're interested. You can have a "feel" of the recent demand.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEs...nController.jpf

2ndly: The world is experiencing a slow down in the property market. I believe that Singapore will not be immune from it.

US property:

Needless to elaborate further due to the sub-prime issue in US

UK property: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...2/nhomes122.xml

3rdly: In SG, the number of enbloc deal had gone down dramatically in Q1 2008. Also, with the removal of the defer payment scheme in october 2007,

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2007/pr07-120.html

a lot of speculator would need to come up with hefty downpayment for a property, compared with $0 downpayment when the defer payment scheme is in place. => less buyer/speculator around in the market.

4thly: If you dun believe me, put a sale advertisement (on the property you're interested) on the newspaper and see how many expressed interest. I believe the market will not tell a lie to u. I might be wrong also here [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Supercharged

If tommorrow have another 9-11, trust me, maybe a week of stock market turbulence and things will just go back to normal.

Surprises move markets, but this terrorist thing is no more of a surprise.

Turbocharged

that is the problem. Everyone is thinking the property market will crumble at 2010... after IR is built, all the en bloc redevelopments are done, there will be a huge increase in supply.

Currently the price is up mainly by the enbloc sales, so many units taken out of the market and undergoing redevelopment. A lot of people with ready cash to buy new property.

Even bullish people like you think that the property market may crumble at 2010, while almost everyone I spoke to feel that 2010, the property market will drop a lot. errr.... if everyone THINK 2010 property will fall, which idiot will buy a property now and push up the price in 2008/2009....

That is why EVERYONE is waiting :) for 2010

anyway, my idea to buy property is simple, usually there is a period when the price dropped a lot and everyone is thinking that it will drop further or no hope to rise in the future, then I buy. It is not difficult to time this I think as the property cycle are long and slow. Example, now although nobody wants to buy, the price still never fall because people are unwilling to lose out to their neighbour... usually people can wait for 1-2 years. BUT as 2010 comes closer, people will panick than price will fall.

my 2 cents.

PS: I bought my property in 2002

Supercharged

I am neither bullish nor bearish....I only say based on what the market tells me through its behaviour on the charts and the fundamentals that governs capital markets.

Edited by Starry

Neutral Newbie

I still think it depends ont he project's qualities.....this time round of property increase , quite a number are foreginers parking their money here...so i think for the better quality ones, the panic to sell is not so great..

wife bought a 2 bed room unit in 2005 after IR announced....just got offered 1.5k psf yesterday cause the rental yield is very good..but she din take it up....(her call, later i ask her sell , it go up somemore sure kenna nag [laugh] )

Neutral Newbie

Not really, starry. Been in the property line for years. Now is wait and see time. Let the foreigners buy all they want during this period.

Edited by Charlezz
↡ Advertisement