Remove Hyundai Matrix's Instrument Cluster (With Pics )

Redlavita

Neutral Newbie

Start by removing the Centre Console,

refer to - Removing Matrix's Centre Console http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Asian_Make...ics%29_P2324088

Tools required is a Phillips Screw Driver and a piece of cloth,

After having removed the centre console, take a piece of cloth and insert below the Cluster Panel as shown,

push the ODO Switch upwards to remove, you'll need to push hard initially cos it quite tight if you are removing it for the 1st time

DSC08677.jpg

Bottom view of the ODO switch

DSC08675.jpg

After pushing out the ODO switch, remove the connector

DSC08679.jpg

Next remove the Phillips screw, do not remove all the way, leave a little and use your fingers to turn the remaining few turns,

be careful not to drop the screw, i dropped mine and is forever lost somewhere in the cabin,

DSC08680.jpg

Next use both hands and hold the cluster and pull it off, (picture show left hand cos right hand holding camera to take picture)

DSC08681.jpg

Picture of the cluster removed

DSC08682.jpg

Next remove the 2 Phillips screw on the right side of the panel

DSC08683.jpg

Remove the 3rd screw on the left

DSC08684.jpg

Next turn the instrument panel over and remove the connector switch

DSC08685.jpg

Picture of cluster and instrument panel completely removed

DSC08686.jpg

Back view of instrument panel (pre-FL version using 3xT10 and 4xT5 bulbs, FL version is using 8xT5 bulbs)

Posted Image

Bottom view of instrument cluster

Posted Image

Bottom view of ODO switch, arrows show the 3 screws, which you may want to remove to turn/invert the metal spring, for

easy future removal of the cluster panel without having to remove the centre console.

Posted Image

Installation is the reverse of the above steps....

Happy DIYing...

Edited by Redlavita
↡ Advertisement

Walau....eh you [thumbsdown]

There are members here who put in effort and time to share and here you come in to [smash] .

Come on, even if your brain cannot figure why this is done at least stay mum and people won't know how dumb you are. [flowerface]

Hi Redlavita [wave]

Excellent write up [thumbsup] and we need more pple like you.

BTW I saw only 7 bulbs when you turned over the instrument console, but you wrote FL version is using 8xT5 bulbs

Care to point out the 8th? Anyway can those bulbs be replaced by coloured LED ones?

AHA!!! More pics!!! Thanks!

Are those LED bulbs and have you tried changing coloured bulbs just to see the effect on the meters?

Just asking so that in the future I want to DIY something on the cluster, I've already got the answers.

Thanks [thumbsup]

Edited by Gendut