Which fridge brand is better?

Trusty

Which fridge brand is better?  

88 members have voted

1. 1.

• mitsubishi
    • samsung
    • lg

For 6-door fridge i.e. Mit and Hitachi, the upper two doors lead to a large single compartment. Also it gives user flexibility in configuring the compartment for odd size storage. The largest 6-door is about 620-640 liters of space.

Haha first I need more kitchen space.

Maybe all Panasonic models have that sticker inside?

Anyway I am looking at a bottom freezer fridge.

Very uncommon nowadays. I was looking for one also when I bought my fridge in 2013. Think don't have for the size I wanted.
↡ Advertisement

Yours bought in 2011 then spoilt in 2016...

Already outlived his lala's fridge leh.

Actually @lala81 is what fridge and for how long leh? Tot he said LG, then got Mit also... 

dun tell me got 2 fridges?

Mine 5 yr only got problem. Got another one at my old place now 17 yr liao, still going strong...

I also use lg. Close to 15 years. But serviced once around the 7th year. That time repair man top up gas. Don't why can last another 7 years plus, since suspect a leak for gas in the first place.

Got so strange? 

The life after repair is longer than the life before repair? Don't tell me my LG also 大难不死,必有后福 ? [laugh]

There's a hole at the bottom for drainage, and a tray behind the fridge that collects the water.

It's evaporated off by the heat emanating from the compressor.

When you're using the heater normally, that's how the water is evaporated off.

So you haven't change anything by cycling the power on and off.

The cool thing about cycling the power is that you save energy as well, when it's off.

Got hole meh? i didn't notice when i took off the panel to defrost leh... saw water collecting at the bottom and I still used towel to soak and wiped it dry...

But I like the bit about saving electricity by cutting it off at intervals... sounds like a good idea to do so at night when everyone is sleeping...

Got hole meh? i didn't notice when i took off the panel to defrost leh... saw water collecting at the bottom and I still used towel to soak and wiped it dry...

But I like the bit about saving electricity by cutting it off at intervals... sounds like a good idea to do so at night when everyone is sleeping...

If no drainage hole, then it'd be a bad design.

Normally, when the heater turns on and melt the ice, where the water goes ?

It goes down and need to come out.

If the water collects at the bottom, then it'll re-evaporate again and re-coat the coil as ice.

Yes, 2~4am is a good time to turn off the fridge to let the ice melt.

Most people would be sleeping and not opening the fridge door at this time, unless they're somehow sleepwalking.  [:p]

If no drainage hole, then it'd be a bad design.

Normally, when the heater turns on and melt the ice, where the water goes ?

It goes down and need to come out.

If the water collects at the bottom, then it'll re-evaporate again and re-coat the coil as ice.

Yes, 2~4am is a good time to turn off the fridge to let the ice melt.

Most people would be sleeping and not opening the fridge door at this time, unless they're somehow sleepwalking.  [:p]

Actually i cannot be 100% sure whether there's any hole. It just didn't strike me to notice it at that time... if only this discussion had taken place 5 yr ago, i would have been much more prepared when I had to take out the panel to defrost.  [laugh]

Thanks for the information and sharing. Very useful  [thumbsup]

Maybe all Panasonic models have that sticker inside?

Anyway I am looking at a bottom freezer fridge.

Exactly that. lol

Need to get a new fridge for the house. Looking at bottom freezer type and was recommended a Hitachi model. Any comments on Hitachi fridges?

Go for Panasonic.

My current Panasonic already used for 12yrs and still perfectly fine.

• Praise 1

My Toshiba fridge bought since 2004 until now still working. The auto icemaker and plasma still working.

Just took a picture a few days ago for another thread.

post-2654-0-93762600-1506989206_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Samsung side by side fridge with auto ice maker and dispenser...7 yrs and counting.... so far only need to change the water line filter which is a simple DIY.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Haha I mentioned in a few post earlier that I am using a Panasonic and also sales people in the shops are warning me about Panasonic fridges.

Go for Panasonic.
My current Panasonic already used for 12yrs and still perfectly fine.

So far I saw is Panasonic, Hitachi and Samsung having this bottom freezer design.

Very uncommon nowadays. I was looking for one also when I bought my fridge in 2013. Think don't have for the size I wanted.

[thumbsup]

Exactly that. lol

Haha I mentioned in a few post earlier that I am using a Panasonic and also sales people in the shops are warning me about Panasonic fridges.

So far I saw is Panasonic, Hitachi and Samsung having this bottom freezer design.

[thumbsup]

As I had no problem for my Panasonic fridge for 12yrs.

Just bought a new MIJ one for my new house.

post-29292-0-73158300-1507098350_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

My Toshiba fridge bought since 2004 until now still working. The auto icemaker and plasma still working.

Just took a picture a few days ago for another thread.

I don't think can find any Toshiba fridge nowadays.

My experience - brand new E conked out in about a month. Support after sales service is almost non existent. Finally after a week it got replaced but we threw away lots of wastage. Very frustrating one week. And I am being very mild in my comments.

• Praise 2

Any comments on Electrolux fridges?

Don't know about their fridge, but their service centre is at Fusionopolis area, very lei che to bring anything in for repair, must climb here climb there, take lift to 8 or 9 floor.  Who in the right mind selected such an inconvenient place for customers to bring their heavy appliances?

I will not buy another Electrolux appliance for this reason alone. Karcher service centre is so much better, drive straight park for free and walk 10m to the counter.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

After a full circle i still buy a Panasonic fridge from audio house today. Reason is the dimensions, price and look fits my criteria.

• Praise 2

Don't know about their fridge, but their service centre is at Fusionopolis area, very lei che to bring anything in for repair, must climb here climb there, take lift to 8 or 9 floor. Who in the right mind selected such an inconvenient place for customers to bring their heavy appliances?

I will not buy another Electrolux appliance for this reason alone. Karcher service centre is so much better, drive straight park for free and walk 10m to the counter.

I don’t understand

I thought fridge is they come to house to repair one?

After a full circle i still buy a Panasonic fridge from audio house today. Reason is the dimensions, price and look fits my criteria.

National Panasonic and Technics is 老字号

All along I support them

Tv, washing machine, fridge

Only then I buy Samsung washing machine

Hopeful can last

• Praise 1