335i convertible or GTR or Audi S5

Edison

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

today went to check out the new GTR at PI showroom, must say its pretty impressive..thh interior is quite luxurious.maybe about 70% as good as Audi R8.. Was expecting it to be cheapo like 350z as it gives super car performance for only $265K...

However i m thinking for this money, can also get a 335i convert, PML selling at $275K, and PI can do at $238k (no idrive) and the new monster V8 S5 is goingf or only $245K... which one would you guys choose..by the way the 335i coupe is only $208k PI and $240K from PML

0-100KM/h

S5: 5.1 secs

335i: 5.5 secs (coupe, convert 2 secs slower)

GTR: 3.8 secs!!

↡ Advertisement

you cannot compare these things based on JUST 0-100km/h

each car here forfills a different purpose.

Having driven all three cars, here's what i gather:

The S5 is SAFE, idiot proof and is the one with the best build quality out of the three. If you buy it, you will do so because of that magnificent V8 soundtrack and the somewhat luxurious interior. You pay road tax through your nose as well...

The 335i is the car to buy if you like an exciting driving experience. Indent in the 335i Coupe manual and you will NOT go wrong with this decision. It is RWD, and although very linear in response, can catch the careless driver off guard when the power and torque builds up, but makes for a very entertaining drive (ie. powerslides and all if you dare) besides, being turbocharged, modifications make for very good power increases

Do we even need to start wih the GT-R? If I were you, I'd get this one. Firstly, it is a GOOD long distance tourer, and lets not even begin with the car's performance envelope. Why so many people adore it so much is because it can whack almost any supercar upside down, and at the end of the day, you can still park it, drive it and experience it pretty much like a normal car - much more normal than the 350Z i must say.

So if you can ignore snob value, GEE-TEE-ARRRRRRRRRRR! and please recommend your friends to buy it too, just so when i can afford it in two years time, there'll be more choices for 2nd hand GT-Rs on the open market -evil grin-

Supercharged

when you drive the GTR, you'll hardly find any car that can even smell your smoke.

it's a super car while the other two are "just" sports cars.

one downside is that it is also super easy to lose your licence if you can't resist the temptation to let it run.

Edited by Eyke

Hi Guys,

today went to check out the new GTR at PI showroom, must say its pretty impressive..thh interior is quite luxurious.maybe about 70% as good as Audi R8.. Was expecting it to be cheapo like 350z as it gives super car performance for only $265K...

However i m thinking for this money, can also get a 335i convert, PML selling at $275K, and PI can do at $238k (no idrive) and the new monster V8 S5 is going or only $245K... which one would you guys choose..by the way the 335i coupe is only $208k PI and $240K from PML

0-100KM/h

S5: 5.1 secs

335i: 5.5 secs (coupe, convert 2 secs slower)

GTR: 3.8 secs!!

Which PI is that, feel like going to see leh.....

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Neutral Newbie

It's on the ground floor of AML called auto sportique , the 1st showroom beside Tan Chong

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, actually S5 would have been my choice, as its offer the best value for power, image, comfort and not to mention the gorgeous looks. With the S5 available, hard to imagine ppl will pay almost 90K more for the V8 650I. People in that category will have a better choice in the maserati granturismo which is an even more stunning car and in another league altogether. However my heart tells me it has to be the 335i convert. The satisfaction of open top driving and watching it behave like a transformer when it open it's top cannot be replaced by the extra 2 secs and insane performance given by the GTR.