Portable Air Compressor for Tires

Mouse

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi,

did a search and can't seem to find anything on it.

I am looking for a portable Air compressor to pump my tires. Does anyone has one to recommend? Would appreciate if you could list the brand name,price n location of where you brought it.

is it practical to use such portable compressor or is it better to go queue up at Petrol kiosk to pump?

(Quite sick of going to kiosk to pump air cos a) at times have to queue up for quite long b) some of the kiosk pump are faulty) [:(]

Thank you.

Edited by Mouse
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

There is one brand which is from a company in Singapore, it is on sale in Autobacs and Homely. Suggest you go down to Homely to take a look.

http://www.homely.com.sg/

I bought 1 which is another brand from Autobacs. So far so good, no complains about it as i am quite sick of going petrol stations to pump air. I check my tire pressure once a week, so the portable air compressor is useful to me.

Hope this information helps.

Cheers

Edited by Incom

Neutral Newbie

Thanks..any idea how much u paid for yours?

I was told by some friends that those portable ones are kinda of useless.

i've been using one for the past 5 years or so. Bought at homefix DIY for about 30+. Definitely worth the money.

Petrol kiosk got many inconsiderate people who parked their cars at the lot designated for tire pump....so i prefer to do it at my MSCP.

Neutral Newbie

$30+ is surely a worthy purchase.

It is also very useful when one encounter a punctured tire and need to pump up it before driving the car off to a nearest tire repair shop.

Past experience taught me that moving a car with a deflated tire would dragged it against the road which in turn may cause the tire' rubber wall to tear and rendered unsafe for use.

Replacing a tire cost about... $80 ?, while "plugging" a spot leak is $5.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks...probably will go n hunt for it during the weekend. will report back here if i mgd to find any good ones.

(edited)

Mustafa 4th level, Mini Compressor (pressure up to 250) @ $16.90. Bought one but have yet to use it. Gauge accuracy - unknown. Skimmed thru the user leaflet, seems that it takes quite a while to pump. In addition, you might need to get a pressure gauge. Do note that pressure gauges might not be calibrated. E.g if you measure 245, it might be only 230.

Edited by Kklee

Neutral Newbie

I am using a foot pump that cost less than 10 dollars. You can buy them from neighbourhood hardware stores, can also be used for football, bicycle etc etc. It comes with a pressure gauge built in. With this you can pump early in the morning since the specifications for tyre pressure is cold tyre pressure. Different brands are a bit different, some brands has thicker steel. Provide some exercise for your leg too.

bro, which brand/model u using now?

i brought one from autobacs too....but found that the reading from the compressor and the tire pressure guage kinda of show diff readings. So normally i will jus base on the tire guage.

else the two show diff readings....confused [dizzy]

Oh, didn't notice this thread when I posted to ask about the one selling at Carrefour, Jump Start 900. Hmm... will check out from autobac...

Neutral Newbie

which one did u get from autobacs?

went there last week, they carry a few models, out of the few only one seem decent but that one cost $300++ [dizzy] . Those cheaper one I am not sure whether s good enough or not. One of my friends told me b4 he brought a $30 one n each time he had to wait till 20 mins on each tires for topping up the air pressure.

Turbocharged

Oops...talking about tyre pressure, I have not pumped the tyres for quite a few months already. But, everything is still ok.

For me, as I don't usually pump my tyres that often, I would rather do it at petrol station than buy a compressor. The compressor takes up space. I will prefer to fill whenever I drive by a kiosk.

Manual pump is very good. Not prone to failure and doesn't drain the battery. Can use to inflate sex doll. If use electric compressor to pump up sex doll, might explode in your face. laugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

fwahh your tires pressure can last for few months?

The compressor is not that huge n does not take up much space.

Kiosk sometimes have faulty pump n sometimes have to queue.

Own compressor - pump at your own timing. no rush. do it at the carpark b4 u drive off

can be used on the spare tire in case u need to change it

↡ Advertisement