Is it a good time to buy a landed property to stay now?

Milgram

alot, you can do a search in propertyguru

filter by land area

Agree on the 99 years part and land size. By the way, where to find landed with less than 1600?

↡ Advertisement

in mcf maybe

i suppose the government stats are wrong again

most likely 80% live in landed, the other 19% in condos and the rest in HDBs

:D

Here’s The Salary You Need To Earn To Afford These Homes In Singapore

link - https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/salary-earn-afford-homes-singapore-234540919.html

Buying a home is one of the biggest and most important financial decisions we have to make in our lives. In addition to paying for a home that is within the top five to 10 most expensive real estate markets in the world, we will very likely have to take up a home loan that will stretch for the next 20 to 30 years of our lives.

This is why we need to be very mindful when it comes to working out our sums to ensure affordability in the long term when it comes to choosing a home we should buy. Of course, as people progress in their career and have a higher earning power, many may consider upgrading to homes in posher areas, with bigger floorspace or near better amenities. This usually also comes with a hefty price tag that requires careful planning.

Edited by pegasi

Too much crap reports around lah @wt_know

My basic monthly family expenses is already higher than XXX

So why am i not living in a Bungalow?

Guesss I am a Loser....

Sigh

Edited by Throttle2

Landed is still the best for own living. If not for my kids, I would not even stay in a condo.

Landed has so much space to roam around and freedom to do what you want in the compound.

My advice, either HDB or Landed.

i don't think that includes walking around buck naked  [laugh]

I am greatly touched by his speech. And have been trying to keep his message in mind. What esp touches me was the part where he said all these things you have, you go to CNY show it to your relatives, no one is happy for you and it only creates envy, even hatre. That is so true.

I feel for you.

Thankfully I am too poor to have your problem.

If one was born slightly earlier, one would also know that even taxi driver can also own landed property.

If one was born slightly earlier, one would also know that even a teacher can also own landed property

If one was born slightly earlier, one would also know that even a teacher can also own landed property

Last time principals own GCBs.

Nowadays teachers can still own landed but usually strata landed or terrace. Not heard of any that own bungalow.

• Praise 1

is it good time to buy property now?

this example shows the answer - the longer you wait, the more out of reach it becomes

because as time pass, you realise income growth is not catching up as fast as capital appreciation

principals of yesteryears could afford gcb, nowaday a principal buying gcb may kena cpib coffee

Last time principals own GCBs.

Nowadays teachers can still own landed but usually strata landed or terrace. Not heard of any that own bungalow.

Edited by pegasi

i suppose the government stats are wrong again

most likely 80% live in landed, the other 19% in condos and the rest in HDBs

u may be right

Those that purchase landed, lease it out to foreigners and stay in HDB

• Praise 1

Looks like the landed is heating up.

Nim Collection

Luxus hill and now 

Cashew Green 2B25DD58F5E844619B3CEECC303A4305.png?la=Cashew Road A Garden with a Home.
Every residence at Cashew Green is thoughtfully designed to blur the boundaries between the internal and external spaces. Creating a unique garden environment, seamlessly taking the beauty of nature right inside your home, Cashew Green offers you luxurious living spaces. A majority of the residences are composed of a basement, three-storeys of living space and an attic. The basement boasts of a car porch that can fit 2 cars and even a tandem lot for your third car.

https://www.fareast.com.sg/residential/cashew-green?utm_source=sem_cashew&utm_medium=google_ad&utm_campaign=cashew_green&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg__6_reU3gIVRImPCh2wQAzLEAAYASAAEgKMGPD_BwE

B553F1697145491CB7716B14F12FA1EF.jpg?la=

Edited by Sdf4786k

Looks like the landed is heating up.

Nim Collection

Luxus hill and now

Cashew Green 2B25DD58F5E844619B3CEECC303A4305.png?la=Cashew Road A Garden with a Home.

Every residence at Cashew Green is thoughtfully designed to blur the boundaries between the internal and external spaces. Creating a unique garden environment, seamlessly taking the beauty of nature right inside your home, Cashew Green offers you luxurious living spaces. A majority of the residences are composed of a basement, three-storeys of living space and an attic. The basement boasts of a car porch that can fit 2 cars and even a tandem lot for your third car.

https://www.fareast.com.sg/residential/cashew-green?utm_source=sem_cashew&utm_medium=google_ad&utm_campaign=cashew_green&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg__6_reU3gIVRImPCh2wQAzLEAAYASAAEgKMGPD_BwE

B553F1697145491CB7716B14F12FA1EF.jpg?la=

What heating up? Every sat the papers are full of such advertisement

u may be right

Those that purchase landed, lease it out to foreigners and stay in HDB

Bro, how do you qualify to buy HDB if you owns a landed property? You mean lease out your landed house and rent a HDB? Do you know landed property don't command good rent? Also, maintenance of landed house is much higher especially if you rent it out.

Wow, staying in landed is a dream....

Punggol HDB is now so crowded, i am shifting to Commonwealth.

Grab one of those old flats for lowball price.

Still have about 50yrs lease, cheaper than buying a car.

The kopitiam nearby also not so expensive like punggol

Overall quite near town, i can still take MRT to Orchard.

Can lah! Commonwealth , here i come!

• Dislike 1

Why not go for the HDB landed in Stirling?

Wow, staying in landed is a dream....
Punggol HDB is now so crowded, i am shifting to Commonwealth.

Grab one of those old flats for lowball price.
Still have about 50yrs lease, cheaper than buying a car.
The kopitiam nearby also not so expensive like punggol

Overall quite near town, i can still take MRT to Orchard.
Can lah! Commonwealth , here i come!

↡ Advertisement