Is it a good time to buy a landed property to stay now?

Milgram

1st Gear
eh.. land size of 1300sq ft is extremely small...even a condo is bigger than that.

and for that price.. per sq ft doesn't really work out. what's the condition? new or old? renovation needed?

if you ask me, just the location and price already don't work out. and given the small size, I assume if you can squeeze a car in, you would have problem opening the door.

at a built up of 1500, I guess it's double storey with at most 3 rooms. if you have 4 room, then the room shd be very small.

P.S. a lot of guess work in my post coz you didn't supply much information.

Reminds me alot of some of those tiny toilet cubicles that are so tiny that u need to step over the toilet bowl so that the door can be closed [laugh][laugh][laugh]

actually it's happening in a lot of those new inter-terrace..

even for semi-d, their land size is only 2000 plus to 3k sq ft.. that's small..

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
How come don't buy tiny terrace leh? Parents not that well to do

Not that well to do still buy overpriced landed property?

Your parents, or perhaps you, should start making better calculations and analysis of your family's cashflows and the prevailing property and economic situation relative to income.

From the details you've provided, I don't think your parents have thought this carefully enough. They must be patient.

Don't let the property agent rush you guys with the usual "many-people-want-this-place" or other kinda tactics. Esp in the current property market. Slow down. Don't be rash. Good luck! :)

1st Gear
The agent say got people offer lah...ask me hurry also...haiz..

Agent always say so one lah. You tell him if people offer higher price then good for him/her cos got more commission lor. I usually tell these people to fark off. They treat you like a fool so you do the same to them

this i beg to diff... an smart agent wont do it this way, u see, if the price were to 980K, agent commission say 2%, that's $19600, if the agent close the deal at 940K, the commission will be $18800 the difference is only $800, i dont think the agent will be stoooopig enough to forgo $18800 juz becos of $800. what if he get less than 2%? the different is even smaller... perhaps in this case, the agent do have an offer but is lower than 940K, so after much persuation, they can reach say 960K and then close the deal.

1st Gear

That's what I thought but my folks say that they really like the place... They afraid if wait then the house bought by others [hur]
with this statement bo bian liao.... go write a cheque amounting $9800 and pass to agent quick... or if your old man/ woman miss the deal, they will nag u for life [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Will talk to them first bro...very sian...don't know who to listen to...don't if the agents are sianing us or not.... [crazy]

My folks thinking about purchasing a landed (F/H) property now (to stay). It's about 980K. Land size 1300 sqft, built up about 1500 sqft. Is it wise for them to get it now? Is the price okay?

Thanks. [gossip]

for $750/sqf i sell you mine lar..... at siglap somemore. want bo? [:p]

Talking about Geyland, it is actually a good place to invest in if not because of the brothels. Ever thought of getting one, that comes with 7 rooms....you guys should know what it was meant for previously [laugh].

Regards,

1st Gear

the only problem in geylang area is.... buyer hardly get any loan from bank, unless buy full cash... but the price is very nego though [nod]

the only problem in geylang area is.... buyer hardly get any loan from bank, unless buy full cash... but the price is very nego though

Oh..I didn't know about that. Thanks.

Regards,

Frankly, if want to buy, which specific areas or lorong in Geyland is ideal?

Regards,

↡ Advertisement