Is it a good time to buy a landed property to stay now?

Milgram

Neutral Newbie

You blew his cover!! Who is small boy then? [:p]

You wanna peeps go visit him at Cable rd is it? [:p]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

i dont need to do such thing, your level too high for me, maybe go talk to Latioboy [nod][wave][sleeping]

Edited by Nkps

quote:

You are spot on Phochem.

I have seen more car accidents than housing agents with high integrity.

Milgram, $900k or nothing, dude!

$900k already is not cheap for that location and that size.

I tend to agree with Throttle2.

Put your offer on the table and prepare to walk away if offer not accepted.

If the seller is keen, they will negotiate further.

If you really really like the place, maybe up your offer a bit (to show sincerity in closing the deal).

Like someone said earlier, this is not the only house in Singapore.

Neutral Newbie
My folks thinking about purchasing a landed (F/H) property now (to stay). It's about 980K. Land size 1300 sqft, built up about 1500 sqft. Is it wise for them to get it now? Is the price okay?

Thanks. [gossip]

for $750/sqf i sell you mine lar..... at siglap somemore. want bo? [:p]

Too rich for my parents' blood bro...got anything good at $600/sqf? [:p]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
Will talk to them first bro...very sian...don't know who to listen to...don't if the agents are sianing us or not.... [crazy]

It's a game of Poker always.

The only way to "win" is not to bluff but to make sure that you can afford to lose.

All I can tell you, having surveyed the market at its peak (Jun 07 to Jan 08)

is that the price is not right.

Stand your ground.

Dont forget you still need to pay stamp duties.

That is not the only house in Singapore.

PLenty to go around...hoho..

I counter-offered at 900K...the owner said no...now up asking price to $1m...KNN... [rifle]

Edited by Milgram

Neutral Newbie

The agent say got people offer lah...ask me hurry also...haiz..

Agent always say so one lah. You tell him if people offer higher price then good for him/her cos got more commission lor. I usually tell these people to fark off. They treat you like a fool so you do the same to them

this i beg to diff... an smart agent wont do it this way, u see, if the price were to 980K, agent commission say 2%, that's $19600, if the agent close the deal at 940K, the commission will be $18800 the difference is only $800, i dont think the agent will be stoooopig enough to forgo $18800 juz becos of $800. what if he get less than 2%? the different is even smaller... perhaps in this case, the agent do have an offer but is lower than 940K, so after much persuation, they can reach say 960K and then close the deal.

Then again, given the current mkt any offer sup liao. Where will wait for higher offer since the comm only diff by $800.

What i see is bro Milgram is a direct buyer to the agent while the earlier offer that the seller agent got was a cobroke case so comm is split 1/2. This agent sure will call Milgram and test water. laugh.gif

You quite smart bro...found out that that's what is happening [gossip]

Turbocharged

LOL ask him to go fark himself lah bro. Don't waste time and effort on this piece of property deh. Not worth it IMO

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
You quite smart bro...found out that that's what is happening gossip.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif It happened that i train ppl like them. laugh.giflaugh.gif

But what this seller agent did was not ethical lah. He's placing his own gains above the owner's which usually ppl like them will not go far in their career.

Edited by Phochem

Neutral Newbie
I spotted one nice little plot (not GCB status) at Cable Road. Eyeing that one. Its on top the slope (highest point) and at the end of the road (dead end). Very very nice! Now the question is who is gonna be my $$$ mummy tongue.gif

Bro izzit 301 Cable Rd laugh.giflaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie
I counter-offered at 900K...the owner said no...now up asking price to $1m...KNN... rifle.gif

Ask the agent go fly kite.

Turbocharged

Cannot tell you lah. I don't want to lose it. Now working hard as a part time male whore in high society to get sufficient $$$ to buy over and build me a nice little house [cool]

Will talk to them first bro...very sian...don't know who to listen to...don't if the agents are sianing us or not.... rifle.gif

The only way to "win" is not to bluff but to make sure that you can afford to lose.

Stand your ground.

I counter-offered at 900K...the owner said no...now up asking price to $1m...KNN... rifle.gif

SEE LAH! Told u it's CHEAP dun believe ... now no more whahahaha

(edited)
Will talk to them first bro...very sian...don't know who to listen to...don't if the agents are sianing us or not.... [crazy]

Stand your ground.

I counter-offered at 900K...the owner said no...now up asking price to $1m...KNN...

[rifle]

Did you meet the owner?

I reckon not, right?

It's the agent again.

you so hard up, anyone can tell that form a mile away.

raise the price a bit , scare scare you and you will relent.

you are such an easy target, bro.

It's up to you if you want to be a sucker then.

If the owner truly raise it to $1mil, it means he is not genuine.

1300sft asking for $1mil in that area?

You can get 1600sft for $1mil easily, dude.

Just go do some homework. dont be so hard up.

Tell the agent to stuff it and leave your offer at $900k or nothing.

Write him a check for $9000 to show that you are serious.

Edited by Throttle2

The market is soft now, no genuine buyer in his right mind with play the price like that.

I know of so a couple who are getting worried becos they are stuck with properties.

Not becos they dont have money to pay but because they will be stuck with the properties.

for what fark? better go buy a few hundred lots of citDev or Capland etc....more liquid leh...

well, most people cannot be hua hi if their property drop by 20% leh deh....

especially middle income people like us.

The agent say got people offer lah...ask me hurry also...haiz..

Agent always say so one lah. You tell him if people offer higher price then good for him/her cos got more commission lor. I usually tell these people to fark off. They treat you like a fool so you do the same to them

this i beg to diff... an smart agent wont do it this way, u see, if the price were to 980K, agent commission say 2%, that's $19600, if the agent close the deal at 940K, the commission will be $18800 the difference is only $800, i dont think the agent will be stoooopig enough to forgo $18800 juz becos of $800. what if he get less than 2%? the different is even smaller... perhaps in this case, the agent do have an offer but is lower than 940K, so after much persuation, they can reach say 960K and then close the deal.

Then again, given the current mkt any offer sup liao. Where will wait for higher offer since the comm only diff by $800.

What i see is bro Milgram is a direct buyer to the agent while the earlier offer that the seller agent got was a cobroke case so comm is split 1/2. This agent sure will call Milgram and test water. laugh.gif

You quite smart bro...found out that that's what is happening [gossip]go tell the agent, your offer of $XXXK will valid till next wednesday, if by then the unit still available, ask him to persuade the owner to sell, if by then the unit is no longer ther, likely other party offer higher and close the deal. so be it lor

↡ Advertisement