Where to get a bicycle rack for car?

Kelpie

Neutral Newbie

i just recently got my saris rack for $250 (new) so a secondhand one should be much lesser

same rack but not my car :D

May i know where did you get this rack ? Does the shop has saris 2.

I have one for sale but its for normal sedan with boot, put behind type

Can the new focus wagon fit a trunk mounted rack? (i assume u are driving one)

Seems to have some plastic part at the top where the top straps are supposed to be secured.

May i know where did you get this rack ? Does the shop has saris 2.

i got mine at cannondale, frankel avenue

not sure about saris 2, but was told saris 3 better so bike won't scratch the boot after loading :blink:

Can the new focus wagon fit a trunk mounted rack? (i assume u are driving one)

Seems to have some plastic part at the top where the top straps are supposed to be secured.

Hee hee wan to drive, not driving.haha.

Supercharged

For those of u using boot rack, rem to hang VRN on bicycles.

Yesterday, i saw 1 mercedes W124 got stopped by TP along ECP.

How to hang our car licence plate onto the rack? I also don't know how to remove it from the bumper... [laugh]

The W124 could have been stopped by TP for other offenses instead...

How to hang our car licence plate onto the rack? I also don't know how to remove it from the bumper... [laugh]

Same as tow trucks. Get a plastic copy made like in the picture.

TP has been cracking down on bike racks obscuring number plates recently.

Bike%20rack.JPG

If kena summon, don't go ST forum KPKB. TP not gonna care.

It is an offence for obstructing your VRN hor.

Supercharged

It is an offence for obstructing your VRN hor.

In the 1st place, is it an offense to use boot bicycle racks? If not, then it is obvious that the rack, or bicycles on it, will obstruct the VRN.

I think this is a grey area whereby LTA is not very clear about..

In the 1st place, is it an offense to use boot bicycle racks? If not, then it is obvious that the rack, or bicycles on it, will obstruct the VRN.

I think this is a grey area whereby LTA is not very clear about..

From a post at togoparts (bike forum), I think it makes it clear what is required by LTA:

Bicycle racks enquiry FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20090917-0914

We refer to your enquiry dated 17 Sep 09. We regret that we are unable to access the website. Nevertheless, we wish to inform you that in general we have no objection to the installation of a bicycle rack at the rear of a car for the purpose of transporting bicycle(s) so long as the following requirements are complied with:

(a) the vehicle must be suitable to be fitted with the bicycle rack and is designed to carry the additional load;

(b) the installation of the bicycle rack should be carried out in accordance with the product manufacturer's recommendation;

© the bicycle should be securely fastened to the rack;

(d) the bicycle and the rack should not obstruct the view of the driver, the vehicle number plate, the vehicle lighting system or cause any danger to other road users.

(e) if the rear number plate or lights are blocked by the rack or bicycle, an additional number plate or set of lights have to be fitted such that they are clearly visible from the rear of the vehicle;

(f) the ball bar/hook and the bicycle rack must be detached from the vehicle when not in use i.e. fixtures must not be permanent; and if necessary; and

(g) rear view mirrors shall be fitted externally on the off-side and near-side of the vehicle to assist the driver to become aware of traffic at the rear and on both sides rearwards.

As the transportation of bicycle(s) at the rear of the vehicle may have implications on road safety aspects, you are advised to drive the vehicle with due care and attention and with reasonable consideration for other road users. Enforcement action will be taken against drivers who convey their bicycle(s) in a manner likely to cause danger, annoyance or obstruction to other road users.

We hope the above clarifies. Should you require any clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1800 2255-582.

Visit My Website

Somemore got photo hor.

Beef up enforcement against wrongly mounted bikes on cars

LAST Saturday morning, I spotted a car with two bicycles mounted at the back travelling along the Pan-Island Expressway towards Changi Airport. The bicycles protruded precariously from the sides of the car and posed a danger to other motorists.

The bicycles also obscured the car's licence plate.

During the entire time that I trailed the vehicle, I saw that it drifted dangerously from side to side, probably because the bicycles blocked the driver's view from the two side mirrors, impairing his ability to change lanes.

Recently, there has been much discussion on the dangers posed by mounted bicycles on cars ("Booked, but officer couldn't say what's the right way to transport bike" by Ms Ng Hwee Ling, Dec 11; and "Apply tow truck-style tweak to bike-ferrying, wedding cars" by Mr Tony Lee, Dec 13), and the Land Transport Authority listed the rules pertaining to the transportation of bicycles on cars ("Right way of transporting a bicycle"; Dec 19).

However, publicity to create awareness is not enough. There are many who still defy the law due to weak enforcement.

The Traffic Police should beef up patrols on weekends and public holidays, especially along roads leading to parks and park connectors.

The Singapore Amateur Cycling Association and the Singapore Cycling Federation, in partnership with the National Safety Council, should issue reminders and circulars to their members on the dangers posed by wrongly mounted bicycles.

Francis Cheng

Neutral Newbie

Bros,

any recommendation which models should get for rear bicycle rack that can hang 2 bicycles(mid size AKA foldable bikes) for Hyundai Avante 07?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPgl5BvVF7w

Roughly my budget is about $400+

Cheers

Supercharged

Bros,

any recommendation which models should get for rear bicycle rack that can hang 2 bicycles(mid size AKA foldable bikes) for Hyundai Avante 07?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPgl5BvVF7w

Roughly my budget is about $400+

Cheers

$400 should be able to get very good bike racks liao. Go bicycle shops and ask, or Google on the web you should be able to find a few listings.

I know Giant Hypermarket @ Tampines have sell. Around $100-$200.