Where to get a bicycle rack for car?

Kelpie

Since on bicycle thread.

I got a 20 yr old bmx Dyno slammer, body n rim all not rusty , in good condition.

Wondering should I rebuild it to normal condition for my 7 yo old or should I jus buy a brand new $200 MTb for him? Any idea is greatly appreciated.

Let's say both rebuild n new one is same at $200

Thanks, hope those into bikes can help haha

Twincharged
(edited)

IMO just buy a new one.

Calculate the cost of parts needed to restore the bike so that he can ride it. Most likely should be able to get a new bike that is better though.

Edited by Nzy

Hi, anyone got a used boot rack to let go??

Is hup leong still the best place to look for for a boot bike rack?

Thanks

I duno abt hup leong.

But i do know that tay cycle at ubi and rodalink all more reputable in selling bike racks for cars.

Another is that try to buy new rack cos you never know what happened to a used rack.

I would recommend saris bones cos can be used for either sedan or hatchback

Since on bicycle thread.

I got a 20 yr old bmx Dyno slammer, body n rim all not rusty , in good condition.

Wondering should I rebuild it to normal condition for my 7 yo old or should I jus buy a brand new $200 MTb for him? Any idea is greatly appreciated.

Let's say both rebuild n new one is same at $200

Thanks, hope those into bikes can help haha

Rebuild yo. It's like a piece of history and already proven that it can last. Besides he can learn sick tricks on it. Plus something simple for him instead of having multiple gears etc.

I dunno how long a 200-dollar mtb would last anyway.

Rebuild yo. It's like a piece of history and already proven that it can last. Besides he can learn sick tricks on it. Plus something simple for him instead of having multiple gears etc.

I dunno how long a 200-dollar mtb would last anyway.

You got it! I was telling my wife we could easily get a entry lvl MTb at maybe $120

But it's normal material n wun last or how should I say....

But this bmx is like so much feelings for it. 20 yrs ago I save bit by bit and bought part by part to self build and it's proven to last till now no matter kept in store room or out along corridor in sun n rain

The feeling is hard to describe. Thanks I think I will rebuild

Lastly got to bring down shop to see if they the brake line etc etc

Hahaha

I duno abt hup leong.

But i do know that tay cycle at ubi and rodalink all more reputable in selling bike racks for cars.

Another is that try to buy new rack cos you never know what happened to a used rack.

I would recommend saris bones cos can be used for either sedan or hatchback

Alright thanks will make a trip to Tay cycle n also found one at chin swee

Thanks

IMO just buy a new one.

Calculate the cost of parts needed to restore the bike so that he can ride it. Most likely should be able to get a new bike that is better though.

Carried a 20" MTb entry lvl IMO heavy n basic parts

I try rebuild it n when my boy can reach a full size MTb then invest in a better one

Thanks for your suggestion

You got it! I was telling my wife we could easily get a entry lvl MTb at maybe $120

But it's normal material n wun last or how should I say....

But this bmx is like so much feelings for it. 20 yrs ago I save bit by bit and bought part by part to self build and it's proven to last till now no matter kept in store room or out along corridor in sun n rain

The feeling is hard to describe. Thanks I think I will rebuild

Lastly got to bring down shop to see if they the brake line etc etc

Hahaha

Alright thanks will make a trip to Tay cycle n also found one at chin swee

Thanks

Carried a 20" MTb entry lvl IMO heavy n basic parts

I try rebuild it n when my boy can reach a full size MTb then invest in a better one

Something that's hand-me-down is priceless.

My BMX was thrown away 28 yrs ago [bigcry]

Supercharged

If you have decided to buy a new one, then you can check them out Giant supermarket @ Tampines. I know they sell bike racks there....

Something that's hand-me-down is priceless.

My BMX was thrown away 28 yrs ago [bigcry]

I think only me got the feel!!! My boy I know he want new but I manage to convince him saying my bike damn tok kong, those 150$ ones are normal build, when he grows up, eventually will get him a full size MTb lol

Oh u cfm more mature than me min 5 yrs lol

If you have decided to buy a new one, then you can check them out Giant supermarket @ Tampines. I know they sell bike racks there....

Ok thanks LS bro. I will go see see tks

I think only me got the feel!!! My boy I know he want new but I manage to convince him saying my bike damn tok kong, those 150$ ones are normal build, when he grows up, eventually will get him a full size MTb lol

Oh u cfm more mature than me min 5 yrs lol

Haha I belong to Cat Z already.