Cooking Red Bean Soup(Desert)

David

I came to know that in order to have the red bean split open, place a porcelain spoon inside while cooking. What is the reason?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

place porcelain spoon ?

that means to COOK the spoon ?

i donno i still dare to drink the soup or not..

[sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

When u put the spoon inside..the boiling bubbles will push the spoon to move around inside the pot and hence the beans will be able to cook more throughly and even...if dun put spoon usually you can get uneven cook red bean soup..some are cooked..some chao tar..and some uncook! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

that is correct. thats what my grandma says, same with cooking porriage, the spoon inside will stir for u, so nothing is stick to the bottem of the pan

I came to know that in order to have the red bean split open, place a porcelain spoon inside while cooking. What is the reason?

Can but Gor Li (AKA Marbles) the read bean soup will be mou tak teng... nice until dunno how nice

Neutral Newbie

that was the trick i knew from my sis too. however, i still hav a problem.... do u know how to make it like starchy? those sa type starchy???? lately i keep trying and trying but cannot make it... i used those thermal pot, cook for about 1/2 hr, then use thermal but b4 cooking soak the beans overnight, still can't make it open well and also not starchy... unless i keep it in the fridge overnight...next day shiok shiok.... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

hey, buy the thermal pot... my porridge is better than tiong bahru sia. never bluff u.

Supercharged
(edited)

do u happen to hv the receipe for making tou hua?? can share? tried doing an online search nothing seems to turn up on how to make it harden.

i mean i need to know what to use to make it harden & where to get it. tks.

Edited by Qpik

When u put the spoon inside..the boiling bubbles will push the spoon to move around inside the pot and hence the beans will be able to cook more throughly and even...if dun put spoon usually you can get uneven cook red bean soup..some are cooked..some chao tar..and some uncook! [laugh]
alamak, is easier to push the bean or the spoon considering the spoon is bigger and heavier.. [laugh][hur]