Who will buy BMW 1 series?

Zanter

Who will buy BMW 1 series?  

80 members have voted

1. 1.

• No, too cute for me
    • No too small for me.
    • Yes I want but no money.
    • Yes I want but selling my car will lose money..pain!
    • Yesss. Where do I sign?

Anyone gonna test drive it later? 150k for a 6 pot BMW 3 liter in a light chassis sounds like a lot of fun! [nod]

↡ Advertisement

depending on how roomy is the rear seats ... i might settle for the 2.5L 3 dr cabrio

not free to go dwn today ... i will look at it most prob nxt month

i need something fun to replace my LGT ... but 3L w snail is a bit out of budget

i will buy [laugh][laugh][laugh] but just bought the 3 series cabrio.

the new 135i can really chew up a stock evo x [laugh][laugh]

dont flame me . please go to motor trend.com to see , they use a 135i vs a stock evo x.

it is a mini m3 , not bad was invited for the test drive very fast, good for people who want a very fast ride but dont want evo or wrx

Turbocharged

Think its available in, I might be wrong though,

i) 118, a 2.0 litre 143 bhp 5 dr HB, = $118800

ii) 130, a 3.0 litre 265 bhp 3 dr HB, = $149800

iii) 125, a 3.0 litre 218 bhp 3 dr Coupe, = $151800

iv) 120, a 2.0 litre 170 bhp Cab. = $159800

Went to Reflection to see the 1-series. Didn't test drive though.

I would skip the hatch, it's out of proportion imo. what a pity because the 3.0l in-line 6 in the 3-door hatch is a killer engine.

The coupe and cab looks good. The console is really really basic, none of the model has iDrive, which is a real surprise for me. Even the 130i or the 125i coupe do not come with iDrive, considering the car touches 150K already.

brudder ... you thk my pocket as deep as yrs meh ??

i thk my hse sell liao can buy only the toilet door in cable road leh ... [cool]

you forgot 2 add in which version....the hatchback 5 door is a complete waste of time...coupe yes but its overpriced...

actually judging from the price and the fact that its a 5door... the 118i hatch will be a volume pusher... moreover in singapore... the badge itself will already sell... prepare for raining BMWs... [laugh]

Went to Reflection to see the 1-series. Didn't test drive though.

I would skip the hatch, it's out of proportion imo. what a pity because the 3.0l in-line 6 in the 3-door hatch is a killer engine.

The coupe and cab looks good. The console is really really basic, none of the model has iDrive, which is a real surprise for me. Even the 130i or the 125i coupe do not come with iDrive, considering the car touches 150K already.

Why is the hatch out of proportion in your opinion? Any idea wat's the OMV for the 2.0L hatch?

Even the 125i is in fact a detuned 3 liter engine. Nowadays 3 liters is not charged punitive roadtax but the fuel prices may be some cause of concern. The direct injection engine are supposedly relatively economical. 150k is the price of a cefiro 5-6 years ago?

I am not crazy about iDrive gadgets, when you have more gadgets there r just more things to spoil. What I care for is a sweet engine mated to a competent chassis [thumbsup]

actually it may not sell. the 118 was alr available in singapore via PI for quite sometime alr. but sales had been anything but encouraging. I think most would rather spend another 20 grand more to get the 3 series sedan as hatch is not quite well-received in singapore. You will probably hear lots of pple complaining that 119K to buy a car with modest cabin space and small boot is bo hua and etc etc..

The 1 series is luring buyers with the intention of getting A3 1.8T, A200T, Volvo C30 or even Golf GTi.

but in the local, most buyers are pragmatic and would be looking at cabin space first when considering a car.

↡ Advertisement