LG/Samsung/Sony TVs

Zoner

since on tv topic, i want o ask how to connect phone to tv, i have been using wireless mirroring method but it seem to be slow.

I saw there are a few ways to connect via HDMI direct to phone but some say need power some just direct, which method is better?

↡ Advertisement

since on tv topic, i want o ask how to connect phone to tv, i have been using wireless mirroring method but it seem to be slow.

I saw there are a few ways to connect via HDMI direct to phone but some say need power some just direct, which method is better?

HDMI cable bestest.

For my Samsung S8+, no need power. Just plug in and ta-da.

For my Ipad mino, need power. Have to connect to power source.

So Samsung 1 Apple 0

HDMI cable bestest.

For my Samsung S8+, no need power. Just plug in and ta-da.

For my Ipad mino, need power. Have to connect to power source.

So Samsung 1 Apple 0

post-1109-0-81145000-1539222425.jpg

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.125.460c11f0waNyzG&id=576877035390&ns=1&abbucket=18

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.55.460c11f0waNyzG&id=560933921218&ns=1&abbucket=18

• Praise 1

any power supply to iphone/ipad?

Refer to the screenshot photo i posted.

HDMI end to tv.

USB end to powerbank(at least 2A output) or charger.

Lightning end to Ipad.

Yes, need power supply. It will charge the Ipad and power the HDMI end. There is a software embedded into the plug. No need to config, just plug and play. But if you want to have different display, can toggle the tiny switch in the HDMI plug. At least 2A power supply as it is powering two devices. I used old powerbank with 1A output, it will hang occasionally.

• Praise 2

what u mean slow? the initial link?

I've been using google chromecast, quite ok.

• Praise 2

Refer to the screenshot photo i posted.

HDMI end to tv.

USB end to powerbank(at least 2A output) or charger.

Lightning end to Ipad.

Yes, need power supply. It will charge the Ipad and power the HDMI end. There is a software embedded into the plug. No need to config, just plug and play. But if you want to have different display, can toggle the tiny switch in the HDMI plug. At least 2A power supply as it is powering two devices. I used old powerbank with 1A output, it will hang occasionally.

If use apple connector, no need power.

• Praise 1

Getting a 55" to replace my 5yo 47" TV.

bombarded by all the variants out there.  [dizzy]

One thing I noticed is the OLED models almost double the price of 4k LED. I don't really watch that much tv, mainly for the old folks at home. And when I do it's mainly football and sports channels. Hopefully the new TV can also watch youtube for the kids. I also have starhub digital so no issues on digital antenna etc. 

Is the samsung ua55ju6600 at $1388 ok for my needs?

post-68169-0-67545400-1539574884_thumb.jpg

One thing I noticed is the OLED models almost double the price of 4k LED. I don't really watch that much tv, mainly for the old folks at home. And when I do it's mainly football and sports channels. Hopefully the new TV can also watch youtube for the kids. I also have starhub digital so no issues on digital antenna etc. 

4K LED is good enough and that Samsung 55" is a bargain. I got my Sony 43" 2 weeks ago for $1259  [smallcry]

• Praise 2

bombarded by all the variants out there. [dizzy]

If you watch football and sports then I would top up 600 to get OLED.

I would rather have 2K oled than a 4K Led.

If you only watch Korean drama then the 4K led is good enough and you save 600.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Prioritize your needs.

If you watch football and sports then I would top up 600 to get OLED.

I would rather have 2K oled than a 4K Led.

If you only watch Korean drama then the 4K led is good enough and you save 600.

:D

Are there a lot of black screen/images in soccer?

Or else why oled vs normal led?

I would recommend oled for people who like to watch movies, cos then the shadows/blacks are deeper.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2