All New MPV (5/7/8 Seater) from Honda... Freed

Ahyoo2002

These Freed cost 66K is actually on very high side.With omv 16K & coe 12.5K workout to be 49K after all the tax in.Accessories(leather,rim etc) added another 1K is just 50K.U take long time to break even if u buy at 66K.Do consider properly.Current lancerEX 1.5A omv 16K is just selling at 59K base on 14K coe.

Steam is more value for money at the moment.Since only 2K difference monthly installment should be the same between freed & stream.With stream u get a more powerful car.FC for stream is 11-12km/l.Road tax between 1.5cc & 1.8cc is just $24/mth only.

Freed 118bhp comes at 6600rpm.Normal driving is just 2000 to 3000rpm.U hardly use the max bhp auyway.Dont believe freed can get 16km/l.My colleage PI 08Fit 1.3A best FC is 16km/l so with freed 1.5A 7-seater FC how much can it be?Since freed is extend version of fit?

Actually the basic car cost would be more than just $50K, basing on the following formula:

Certificate Of Entitlement (COE):

Open Market Value (OMV):

Customs Duty (20% Of OMV):

7% GST (Based On OMV + CD):

Registration Fee: S$140.00

Additional Registration Fee (100% Of OMV):

Road Tax (

↡ Advertisement

Hi we meet (online) again. [laugh][laugh]

Err, selling price should not have GST what, as document on LTA website, GST only applicable for OMV + Custom Duty. If selling price need to add GST, as good as GST on ARF, COE, registration fee liao, since all other accessories already need to pay GST upon installation, right? [sly]

BTW, I really like such freindly exchange of info. It is healthy if no one take it personal.[;)]

• Praise 3

IMHO omv of freed shld be almost the same as stream for 7/8seater GL model le..

So base on stream prices, freed shld be slightly cheaper only..

The problem is that many PI are quoting OMV of GL Freed at $15 - 16K, which is at least $1.5K lower than PI's Stream. If you refer to the pricing on Honda Japan website, 8 seater GL Freed should have the same OMV as base Stream (1.8X).

With 128.4% tax to be paid upon reaching here, the difference in pricing between Freed and Stream should be ~$5K (basing on difference in OMV quoted), but pricing is not showing that.

Correct me if I am wrong. [:|]

• Praise 3

agree la.. stream is indeed a more powerful car.. freed is too 'new'... prices will come down de.. [:)]

With this kind of OMV, reasonable pricing should be less than $65K, as with the Sienta.

• Praise 3

Bro!Basically i agreed what u said.

"And to be frank, base on my own calculation, most small cars, below 1.6cc dun exceed a profit of 8k, medium cars not more then 11k, big cars-2.4cc and above, not more then 15k, performance cars not more then 18k and most conti cars not more then 30k."

Thats why i said reasonable price for freed should be 56K to 57K,profit of around 5K to 7K.If C&C can sell lancerEX 1.5A (omv 16K) at 59K(latest price 57K if im not wrong),i dont see why freed need 66.8K since both omv same,right?Dont tell me PI warranty 5 year.

Yes!everyone needs to earn a living but must be reasonable mah!

I just speak out from my heart hope u dont get offended,cheers!

The problem is that many PI are quoting OMV of GL Freed at $15 - 16K, which is at least $1.5K lower than PI's Stream. If you refer to the pricing on Honda Japan website, 8 seater GL Freed should have the same OMV as base Stream (1.8X).

With 128.4% tax to be paid upon reaching here, the difference in pricing between Freed and Stream should be ~$5K (basing on difference in OMV quoted), but pricing is not showing that.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thats why i said reasonable price for freed should be 56K to 57K,profit of around 5K to 7K.If C&C can sell lancerEX 1.5A (omv 16K) at 59K(latest price 57K if im not wrong),i dont see why freed need 66.8K since both omv same,right?Dont tell me PI warranty 5 year.

Yes!everyone needs to earn a living but must be reasonable mah!

I just speak out from my heart hope u dont get offended,cheers!

Actually this discussion will never end to be frank.

To put it simply, import the car in oneself and you'll see the actual price you are paying. And i can guarantee it's much higher then what you expected.

Moreover there's many risk involved so all i can say is as long as the after service is there, reputation of company is there and no hassle deal, along with competitive price in the market, i highly doubt much customers do complain about the profit margin since i do have quite a fair bit of customers who really hold high profit margin job which many guys out there are ignorant of. And car trade profit is peanuts to them.

And whatever profit earned by company i feel is to substain the Longevity of the company in this trade, thus ensuring after service such as recall to be done up properly.

I do haggle alot on company profit margin last time in W*o*W due to their absurdly high pricing when i initially join them, but now in my current company, as long as my selling price is reasonably competitive or cheaper in the market, i dun really haggle much on it.

And if you want better pricing, take the risk and wait for a yr. unless coe shoot up to 17k and above or yen to shoot up and mantain at high 13 to 14, there's a high chance of freed being cheaper by then.

Just to share I have a customer who wanted to get an euro R from me last yr feb 07, from 92k he wait and wait and when he purchase it in july, it was 98k.. So unless you can tahan wait, dun be too calculative on the profit and just source for a place with good pricing.

Alternatively, you can look for those $1 shop. they might sell cheap but be ready for no warranty and recall if they close down.

Cheers ;)

U can explain whatever the company how it operate,how the after sale service,whats the risks etc but people tends to compare with AD.If AD can profit XX amount,i dont see why PI need profit XXX amount since running cost,overhead all lower than big company,agree?It just like hawker centre & food court.Hawker centre chicken rice $2.50 whereas food court $3.50 due to rental higher in food court.If hawker centre try to sell like food court price & tell u rental high,risks of chicken rice cant sell finish etc,do u agree?If u agree then i have nothing to say.

"i highly doubt much customers do complain about the profit margin since i do have quite a fair bit of customers who really hold high profit margin job which many guys out there are ignorant of. And car trade profit is peanuts to them."

Base on these statement,are U saying high income people can slaughter?So I cannot buy from PI anymore cos I m low-income people,haha!

Edited by Sktan10

Actually no point debating too much, the market force will drive the price to its right value automatically. Buyers are not stupid, the LTA tax system is transparent and they can see clearly if this price is a good buy. Ultimately if the car cannot sell, those dealers will have to reduce price eventually.

bro that's not what i mean la..

What i mean is that as long as the price is right and the time is right matching their budget, they will purchase a car and not being so calculative in terms of profit margin la..

That's what i meant.

Dun misunderstand my sentence and using strong words like slaughter since many of us are just making a living. And to be frank SEs damn kelian one, we already dun earn much, kena squeeze till cannot make it then ask our head for help, and in the end case close, we just earn quota... sianzzz [smallcry]

But ok la, sometime kena squeeze liao, they refer few customers to us and from there earn abit here and there lor to meet our ends [:)]

Hai bro, never ending one.. As mention from the start i'm always on customers side since my income is derived from the sales of cars to them.

I'm just stating a fact base on my experience as a SEs and as a customer once before i join the trade.

My mentality was even more extreme then yours before i touch this trade thus reason why my family memebers and i have never touch a PI car before. So to me whatever you state is what i think a few yrs back.

But after i touch this trade, i found out that things aint as simple as one thinks.

Must experience then understand so useless to discuss further bro since words vs experience, words are easy, thinking is a fantasy, but doing and experience it is different.

What i state is base on my experience. If you want a good answer to your qns try to work as a SE or if you have the capital of a few mil, open a PI and you know what i mean.

My father-in-law almost open a PI ten yrs back and profit then was really good compare to now bro.

Cheapest way if one does not want to part his hard earn money to let others earn, just take public transport since the amount paid per profit earn is really minimal compared to buying a car.

Anyway my discussion ends here.

i do not want to touch this topic on profit anymore coz in the end someone might feel offended. Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers

Good choice of sentences bro.

I strongly agree with you.

Touching on profit of a company to derived a cheaper price for oneself is absurd i feel.

We shld focus on the demand and supply structure in the market and the majority buyer's point of view in terms of the pricing thus from there that's how a price is derived then.

Things are somehow transparent nowadays so it all depends on majority buyer's choice i nterms of pricing and not just base on a few individual discussion i nthe forum that will not make any changes at all to the market.

Like what i heard when i was in U.S. a few years back from a few friends living there, "singaporeans only know how to complain and complain but that's all they know. Is it true bro?" that's what my friends in U.S. asked me when i went there coz they have a few colleagues who are Singaporeans working in their company.

So how this discussion will just end here and let individuals to decide when is a good time to purchase a car pertaining to their needs and wants, and not just base on profit margin of companies regardless of what industries

Hope i never offend anyone since it's a discussion.

Just sharing how i feel ;)

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

Saw 1 model @ Fabulous (PI) at Taikeng Gardens....I agree..it looks like a larger version of Honda FIT... [nod]

Devil In Disguise, Angel in My Own Ways

finally saw the car in it's orignal form at Fabulous road show in Suntec yesterday. Frankly, looks acceptable to me...for a 2nd car, driving only on weekends. OC thinks it looks good and the pricing (67k) is interesting. She doesn't understand OMV etc etc....

Waiting for this car to be more common and when KM brings it in.

I beg to diff. The 3rd row is much more spacious (and the headroom is by far the best in the compact MPV category) than other mini / compact MPVs in it class. [;)]

The only -ve point is the cheap plasticy material used, especially for the door panel. [:|]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3