Sand-paper brake pads ????

Try_conti

went to servo for my 22.5k oil change this morning. Brought my own c*rlube and paid for the filter + labour $42.

The mech also top-up radiator coolant (with water, of course) and power-steering fluid ..... foc ...... thumbsup.gif

Actually I was looking for Dennis also but he went out. So ended up speaking to Philip. Told him about my brake squealing @ low speed ~ 15kmh. Anyone encountered this b4 ?

He told me that it would cost $60 labour charge for that service which include removing all 4 wheels. That's fine with me but what he said next ......shocked.gif he'll sand-paper the brake pads .....

Thought sand-paper of brake pads and disc is a no-no .... ? any comments anyone ?

Bro, you should try other workshops. Serious. If you still insist on going back there then I help you sand the pads FOC. Ai mai? [laugh] If still squeak then I apply cooking oil for you, confirm no squeak. [dizzy][:p]

↡ Advertisement

Chey, i thought you doing the same for your superb brakes mah.. Change ever 20k.

Wat a waste.

Anyway anyone keen to also buy the same kit as Fluffy.

We can do a group buy!?

Neutral Newbie

the original superb brake kit is very durable...still alot more left after 20'000km.

no money for the kit leh...u wan to subsidise me anot?

fluffy's brake got any for octavia ? his damn JIA man ! thumbsup.gif

whats the cost ?

alternatively, who got spare 5 X 100 brake kits ard ? Wanna donate to me ? tongue.gif Might make a trip to scrapyard to search for bora's rear brake..... might consider a drum to disc converison. sly.gif

cheaper & less maintenance - true

but disc gives better stopping power especially the ventilated ones ....

Yup, If I am driving a Ferrari, I need all the disc brake I can get but I am driving a Skoda and it is more than sufficient for the back.

Neutral Newbie

scaly i change car before changing brake pads how....after 40'000km then i consider la...looks like it can last for more than 60'000km.

Neutral Newbie

rear is almost wearing off soon....front still got alot more. where u buy ur pads from?

↡ Advertisement