Japan: Osaka - Holiday in Osaka

Slowwalker

Hypersonic

Care to share what’s the best way to travel to Kyoto, Osaka aquarium, universal studio from namba?

I drive all the way [laugh] [laugh]  so no need to think how to travel. Just need to plan where to go. I went from Osaka to Kyoto to Ise to... can't remember liao [:p]

Hypersonic

So managed to see sakura flower ah?

Yes, saw them everywhere. The last 2 days before I left Osaka, the flowers opened big big liao.

This photo taken on 28 Mar

post-75225-0-42694300-1523354027_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

Yes, saw them everywhere. The last 2 days before I left Osaka, the flowers opened big big liao.

This photo taken on 28 Mar

attachicon.gifIMG_7236.JPG

Nice.  [thumbsup]

I drive all the way [laugh] [laugh]  so no need to think how to travel. Just need to plan where to go. I went from Osaka to Kyoto to Ise to... can't remember liao [:p]

Is driving recommended in Japan? You rely on GPS to take you around?

Hypersonic

Nice.  [thumbsup]

Is driving recommended in Japan? You rely on GPS to take you around?

Driving is easy enough, especially for singaporeans. Other than Tokyo, all other places can consider driving. Traffic rules about the same but don't look at the speed limits too much because it is usually very low. On the expressway, the limit is 80 but almost every car is zooming by at over 100, even on the slow lane. I rented a Noah and was doing over 130 [laugh] [laugh]

GPS is accurate, most of the time. Only took a wrong turn once or twice. Searching also easy, just need to key in tel number of the place you are going to and the GPS will take you there. Make sure you rent a car with ETC, which is the automatic toll payment.

Parking can be quite expensive at certain places. Go around to look for cheaper options.

• Praise 2

Driving is easy enough, especially for singaporeans. Other than Tokyo, all other places can consider driving. Traffic rules about the same but don't look at the speed limits too much because it is usually very low. On the expressway, the limit is 80 but almost every car is zooming by at over 100, even on the slow lane. I rented a Noah and was doing over 130 [laugh] [laugh]

GPS is accurate, most of the time. Only took a wrong turn once or twice. Searching also easy, just need to key in tel number of the place you are going to and the GPS will take you there. Make sure you rent a car with ETC, which is the automatic toll payment.

Parking can be quite expensive at certain places. Go around to look for cheaper options.

Going Hokkaido in Dec , very keen to drive but worry of sudden heavy snow

Hypersonic

Wah... very cold then. Better be careful, road slippery and we not used to driving in those weather.
  • Praise 3

Seems like not very advisable to drive during winter esp we do not have much driving experience in winter/snow driving.

Sounds like not a bad idea to drive in Japan.

Driven in Hakone/Mount Fuji area. Very itchi…i mean easy.

Took bullet train to Odawa station. Car rental is just outside the station. Equipped with GPS. Traffic is light and japs are courteous and patience in their driving habit.

Should try. Never regret.

Edited by Latio2005A
  • Praise 3

Wah... very cold then. Better be careful, road slippery and we not used to driving in those weather.

I had drove a few time in Germany during snowing season including mountain area.
  • Praise 1

I had drove a few time in Germany during snowing season including mountain area.

If you have experience driving during snowing season, then you can try to drive in Hokkaido.