Japan: Osaka - Holiday in Osaka

Slowwalker

I think its called Osaka Castle, the nearest station is Temmabashi. Last time on weekend, they have street dancing outside the castle walkway. That was in 1980.

↡ Advertisement

go universal studio.

kyoto or another nearby place, also an acient capital is Naga Na-something

Fuji i climbed up before - i suggest you just admire it from afar.

in tokyo, if you have one full day, i suggest - Tsujiki fish mkt in the morning; eat sasahimi there, then go Ginza walk walk, can go sony tower, there's a very famous paper shop can buy souvenirs, and a very famous cake shop can buy tau sa piah, then go to the kanon temple (that one must go), and then go happoen where there is a nice japanese garden take picture, then go shibuya see latest trends, then go shinjuku isetan or taka shop shop (must see 7 storey isetan/taka mah), then eat dinner around shinjuku then head to rappongi, party till dawn.

Osaka Castle are ruins only.... the two most majestic castles are in Nagoya and Himeji.....

The pictures below are of Himeji Castle.....

104879367SPBRtf_fs.jpg

104879573kCyjAO_fs.jpg

Japan must go back again and again to feel satisfied...

I have been there numerous times, but for holidays, my family and I been twice.... and they want to go back again....

For Universal Studio, don't waste time, not worth it... better spend a day in Tokyo Disneyland, then another day in Disney Sea.....

If really wants to take rides, Disney Sea has shorter q.....

Neutral Newbie

lol..

then i should cry..

haha..

I went disney land..

didn't play much of the rides..

but had a great time shopping at toys and those disney items..

[flowerface]

(edited)

in the town of Himeiji lor!!!!!!

The castle is a UNESCO World Heritage site and I must say, it is majestic and magnificient....

Do a google and your will have plenty of pictures and info....

Himeiji is between, see below rail line pic...taken off JR site... the top pic with staggered line is the shinkansen line...

JR_west_sanyo.jpg

kansai_map.jpg

I had a JR Pass... and ride the Shinkansen until song song... think it was 3 hours plus one way from Tokyo, which was my starting point... just aim Himeiji... see castle..then ride back..on way stop at Yokohama...

Edited by KapitanE

Yes thats correct. Only film cameras + all lenses + flash ...got international warranty.

Ya. Menu in Jap. But ok lah if you can read chinese, you should be able to switch it to English. I can't remember liao but anyway I also read hiragana/katagana. If you don't know how to change it to english, pls ask the lady to change to "eigo menu" for you.

Think my next trip to Japan I want to buy rice. [laugh]

Oh...was he asking for Menu or Manual? hehe. I thought he was referring to the navigation menu on the camera.

But manual's all in Japanese.

I think it's quite rushed....actually there's alot of things to do in all the places you mentioned. If you do those touch-and-go type logistically it's quite challenging and you'll have to spend alot of time travelling.

It also depends on who you are travelling with. ie, if you wife's a shopaholic, then 3 days shopping in tokyo also not enough lor. And $$$ all fly fly.

I happen to have a shopaholic wife. To be honest with you, many of my trips ended up shopping. [:(]

Like other bros mentioned here, you might want to consider focusing your time in lesser places. Maybe from Osaka, you go to Tokyo and then you take JR train to run a few places? ie, shibuya, akihabara, ueno, ginza,...and then go Mt Fuji?

Turbocharged

Haha, I have a D70, very old model compared to yours. Still serving me well all these years.

Rice quite expensive in Japan you know.

Turbocharged

Paiseh I was refering to both the printed manual and navigation menu on the camera. My England no good. [:p]

(edited)

But you see...5kg rice in japan cost 2000 - 2200 before this rise shortage. Now, I don't think their prices raised so much recently as compared to ours. So it seems like it's very worth to buy the jap rice now.

Btw, their rice is really very sticky one. Not like the so called "jap rice" sold in singapore. If you put the jap vinegar and cook ....wah....yum yum oh...

edit: Btw, D70 is a very good camera. D80 same same D70.

Edited by Kianbeng

For the JR pass....need to take many trips to be worth it. For TS, I think he only want to travel from point A-B. Or at most 1 stop in between. Furthermore Osaka and Tokyo shinkansen fare not too expensive, furthermore he needs it 1 way only.

↡ Advertisement