Driving up Kukup

Ironstarz

Googgled and Bingoed around, maciam all Kukup Resorts require quite a big group for booking. Any resort accepting 4 pax stay either advance booking or walk-in?

So far I see is min 10 pax.

As group will be occupying one compound and food served in bulk. It will be diffult to find groups that want to share with your 4 pax.

Perhaps you can try during off peak/low season. If you dun mind to share with strangers, you can look out for RC or cc groups.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

1. Once crossed the 2nd link bridge, traveled straight for abt 10km, and take the Gelang Petah exit and exit left.

2. Go straight for abt 2km til the end of the road, i.e. T-junction, make a left.

3. Drive for abt 1km, til you come to a traffic junction, turn right. ( You should see a Shell stn on your right once you turned)

4. Drive for abt 11km,til you reach the end, a t-junction. Turn left here. Along this road, you should see the shell stn on your right(as mentioned before almost imeediately.) After shell stn , about 200-300m you should pass by Restoran Tian Lai. If got chance try the seafood here. It's better than Kukup. The salted egg crayfish, yum yum..

5. After the left turn from point no.4.,will be a long drive for about 23km. Till you reach a cross junction traffic light. At this junctin, turn right you'll arrived in Pontian, go straight you'll reach Pontian Kecil. For Kukup, you'll want to turn left.

6. Another long drive for abt 20km drive to Kukup..

Parking at Kukup is a nightmare. It's better to park at the private carpark or, the bus station. I parked at the bus station and it's within walking distance to kukup. .. If you drive all the way into kukup where the restuarants are, very difficult to do 3pt turn to come out. Good thing with parking at the resturant is free if you're a customer.

Better than gps.. Got food recommendation some more.. Where to find except in Mcf.. Hahaha..
  • Praise 3

Better than gps.. Got food recommendation some more.. Where to find except in Mcf.. Hahaha..

Thanks, but this is a 2008 post. Don't know if the info are still accurate,

• Praise 1

Thanks, but this is a 2008 post. Don't know if the info are still accurate,

yes, it is. but if you thinking of heading straight to Kukup / Pontian instead of making a pit stop at Gelang Patah, take the Second Link and drive on E3 till you reach Exit 307. exit the NSH and follow the directional signs along the way, first to Pontian and then to Kukup.

• Praise 4

Yea.. Stumbled on this post. Otherwise wouldn't have saw it.. You go kukup often?

Haven't been there since 2008, which was the time of that post. That's is why I am not sure if the info is accurate anymore.

Hi All. Sorry to refresh this tread.

Anyone drove up to Kukup recent months? How is the road condition and parking over there safe? How much be toll?

Diving thru JB / Tuas easier?

Been years since my trip there...

Thks.

Looks like in future, there will be a shorter route to Kukup. They building a bridge over Pontian river.

that's good news. Similar to the EDL, cut travel time to Desaru 

• Praise 1

Been to Kukup a few times, realised there were a lot of house fly.

Any idea do they have any period of time/month for these house fly?

Is a fishing village, don't expect the house fly to disappeared.

Is like seeing people complaining mosquitos in Bali, what can they do.

Normally the villa/hotel will start to put up mosquitos coil when it turn dark.

Wait till you visit the toilet.

The sh1t goes straight into the sea.

Eaten by the sea inhabitants and comes back up to your plate of seafood.

Is a fishing village, don't expect the house fly to disappeared.

Is like seeing people complaining mosquitos in Bali, what can they do.

Normally the villa/hotel will start to put up mosquitos coil when it turn dark.

Not true. There was time when flies were not seen easily....but I can't remember the month.

• Praise 1

Been to Kukup a few times, realised there were a lot of house fly.

Any idea do they have any period of time/month for these house fly?

Last time I went in November. No houseflies.
  • Praise 6

Last time I went in November. No houseflies.

Same for me. I went in last December also no sand flies. I stayed in those huge new houses fully aircon. Even jalan around the coastal stilt area also no flies. But the fishy smell is very strong lah. Can't help it as there are families who dry their catch in the open.
  • Praise 2