• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
97 replies to this topic | 203 praises

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:50 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looks like in future, there will be a shorter route to Kukup. They building a bridge over Pontian river.

that's good news. Similar to the EDL, cut travel time to Desaru 

Uncle2 praised this
"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:21 PM

Neopcn07
  • Premium member
    Neopcn07
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Been to Kukup a few times, realised there were a lot of house fly.

Any idea do they have any period of time/month for these house fly?

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is a fishing village, don't expect the house fly to disappeared.
Is like seeing people complaining mosquitos in Bali, what can they do.
Normally the villa/hotel will start to put up mosquitos coil when it turn dark.

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wait till you visit the toilet.

The sh1t goes straight into the sea.

Eaten by the sea inhabitants and comes back up to your plate of seafood.

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

Neopcn07
  • Premium member
    Neopcn07
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Is a fishing village, don't expect the house fly to disappeared.
Is like seeing people complaining mosquitos in Bali, what can they do.
Normally the villa/hotel will start to put up mosquitos coil when it turn dark.

Not true. There was time when flies were not seen easily....but I can't remember the month.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:55 PM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Not true. There was time when flies were not seen easily....but I can't remember the month.

frogs breeding season :D

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:54 PM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Last time I went in November. No houseflies.
Othello, Mercs, Uncle2, Angcheek, Carbon82 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think you bath with Delto  :D

Dleodleo praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:38 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Same for me. I went in last December also no sand flies. I stayed in those huge new houses fully aircon. Even jalan around the coastal stilt area also no flies. But the fishy smell is very strong lah. Can't help it as there are families who dry their catch in the open.
Dleodleo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think house flies no where I saw can fight with the one from southern Australia during Dec when I visit.

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can you still see pile of trash on the sea bed during low tide ?

Same for me. I went in last December also no sand flies. I stayed in those huge new houses fully aircon. Even jalan around the coastal stilt area also no flies. But the fishy smell is very strong lah. Can't help it as there are families who dry their catch in the open.

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:18 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Not aware of this trash where i stay but can definitely some some plastic parts floating around. But is muddy all over so also don't know what lies under the mud.

But if you are staying in one of those new resorts that are 3 stories high, you are basically cacooned inside the fully aircon building being fed 5 meals a day singing karaoke all day long or playing indoor games, definitely not going to be aware of the surroundings haha 

Dleodleo, Roadrunner2029 and Lala81 praised this

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:23 PM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I went many years ago last time.

No rubbish during low tide when I went but full of mudskippers and mini crabs on the mud. My kids were very excited to see them.

I find it very relaxing and back to nature. Very suitable for a short trip for family.

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:29 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wow, I haven't been back there for decades. Sounds like it's much cleaner now and I should re-visit.

No rubbish during low tide when I went but full of mudskippers and mini crabs on the mud. My kids were very excited to see them.
I find it very relaxing and back to nature. Very suitable for a short trip for family.

Dleodleo and Uncle2 praised this

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:08 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Now still same. 

Dleodleo praised this

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:17 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think house flies no where I saw can fight with the one from southern Australia during Dec when I visit.

haha when u swipe at them, sometimes u can touch their body... ewww  [laugh]

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:18 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Wow, I haven't been back there for decades. Sounds like it's much cleaner now and I should re-visit.

Definitely. I have been to Kukup once maybe 2 decades before, very bad memories - not so hygiene food, very spartan living space, lights that went off when showering half-way, nothing to do after walking around the run-down lodging.

But now the difference is really heaven and earth if you opt to stay in 1 of those 3 stories new buildings. To be frank I was not keen at all to visit again but after reading some nice reviews online and seeing the pictures, I was willing to give it another chance. And I was floored the moment I step into the living room of the 3rd floor space. Deco is very much like a hotel, aircon very cold can turn on the whole day, food quite nice and eat until scare when the host came knocking on the door to inform its another meal time, quite delicious mind you. Blah, blah, blah...

Maybe good if another fellow mcfers ever visit the place in last few months can vouch for what I just described haha, in case I have vested interests and just want to get some business here.

Edited by Heartlander, 24 February 2019 - 08:21 PM.

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:18 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

One suggestion i was going to make is that this place is very suitable to host overeas team building events and retreats of any nature. Up to 50 pax definitely no problem.
Dleodleo praised this

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Driving, Kukup

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users