Show Your Support to the Victim of Myanmar Cyclone and Szechuan Earthquake

Coolbluewater

Dear brothers and sisters,

Mother earth has decided to show her furore against human race over these past 2 weeks. First, Cyclone at Irrawady Bay, and then earthquake at Szechuan. I believed no one will disagree with me, that we, in Singapore, are a really fortunate lot, not having to face these natural disasasters that, and most importantly, our love ones are always by ourside.

Reading the news, and viewing the photos is a heart wrenching experience, seeing parents losing their children, children losing their parents, teachers sacrifising themselves while saving their children etc.

The victims in these two places faced death everyday, and now, the high possibility of epidemic that will wipe out a substantial portion of the population there.

I would strongly appeal to you to donate as much as you could to help relieve the pain the victims has to go through.

Our China friends have now started a campaign to wear green ribbon to support the relief effort, as well towards the victims. Maybe we could start similar campaign over here.. wearing green ribbon. Green basically stands for peace, and what we desperately needed now in this world, is peace.

Just a reflection/thought over these long long weekend.

To the buddhist brothers and sisters out there, have a fruitful and meaningful Vesak Day ahead.

↡ Advertisement

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

my pay is worst than peanuts, i can only do that much...

i wonder how much for those who earns more than SGD 1 million per year of stable income are donating....maybe we can come out a name list, like those HK stars.

like the SAF says, lead by example. [thumbsup]

I think after Tsunami hit most of us has rather forgoten abt natural disaster. Remember Aceh? The worst hit and death toll far exceed both Myanmar and China.

Natural calamity,could't be avoided, even the strongest army in the world will pee or running for their life to take cover.

Singapore is fortunate alright...but there's sign from the recent tremor in Indonesia being felt.

i think they sud b looking pass the immediate need for now. pertinent issue is how to deal with the victims to deal with the weather changes, water supplies and permanent housing.

mercy international is organizing donation drive to purchase water distillation plant to convert fresh water into drinking water.

buddhist lodge is contributing funds to build tremor proof skools.

things out of our control is probably counselling. massive counselling is needed not just to victims but to the helps.

Excellent suggestion [thumbsup]

In my workplace there are a few PRC PRs working for the company at the lower rungs and for the past week I have been egging them, sometimes to the point of sarcasm, to kick start a donation drive.

Glad to say that they've started and now, companywide we are moving it ahead.

Sometimes these kinda things need initiation by the people below so that acceptance levels will be high and there will be widespread support as compared to a higher up directive which may end up cold and dead. [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

Did my part for China. But for Myanmar, don't know where the money will go.. Never trust the Junta government.

The victims have my empathy but seriously, I would only consider to donate if I know how much of my dollar actually reaches the victims.

↡ Advertisement