New 2008 Subaru Forester

Nikolaiski69

May i know what is the declared FC for this new Forester? 2L.

i think FC is quite subjective one..depends on driving style and condition

Hypersonic

Yes, the new Forester look taller compare to the out going model. It also had more curve. It's easy for me to compare since my place MSCP had two old XT.

For that price (77k) I think many people who die die must drive SUV will go for it. CRV and Rav4 cost easily more than 90k. If I'm not wrong the closest competitor in terms of price is the Grand Vitara. Of course this is discounting all the Korean makes.

Hi bro.

77k is v cheap cf with CRV n RAV4.

Of cos, still sl more ex than grand vitara and korean makes.

But I feel the new forester offers much more now than the crv. The only thing is the interior not so nice, tt's it.

In terms of safety, it has 6 airbags (incl rear curtain) even for the 2L one, I believe crv 2.0 does not have it.

It has self levelizer for the rear.

2 isofix points in the rear seats

Good safety ratings from the USA (can't remem which agency)

Size wise, is as big as the crv, from specs as well seated inside.

The engine is also pretty refined and the car pretty quiet. Not bad.

It's nice. Hope more ppl appreciate it.

Pls note tt I'm also a car buyer and I got no vested interest in Subaru or what.

I appreciate good value stuff...

are both the forester and the crossroad selectable 2 WD models or are they all time AWD ?

the interior of the forester looks quite cheap though, and i think it will be a heavy fuel guzzler.....not the best time to launch a new SUV with price of crude oil at all time high....

SUV is quite a dirty word in terms of fuel consumption

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Am driving the new JDM 2 litre automatic Impreza S-GT. It's equipped with dual AVCS (just like Toyota Dual VVT-i)and a twin-scroll snail.

Fuel comsumption is above 9km/l with 70% highway (with daily CTE jams) and 30% city. I thought this was quite good for a 200+hp car. [:)] And I certainly do not drive like a nanny and usually get complains from wife for being too heavy footed.

Just tested full tank run in 2WD (FWD) and got about nearly 11km/l. Not bad at all for a 2l Turbo i guess. The Ej20 motor had improved fuel efficiency.

Edited by Palioni

Nice improvement over exiting model.

But SUV nowdays ppl will stare at you like you as if you are a PLANET KILLER! Driving a SUV is for rich ppl.....is like buying a S-CLass at the end the running cost abt same as buying the expesive car....well literally.

But the steering same as the current model right? But Subaru so far never come out nice looking stuff. Is like Saab and Volvo their cabin till today sucks.

And yes better priced than the TONG YAM cars...quite clear how much local agent mark up.

If driving a S-GT 200+hp car with light footed is wasted man. Should make full use of the 200+hp otherwise no point paying more without using it. [sly][laugh]

Neutral Newbie
totally agreed that this model looks much beta then the out-going ones (no offense to anyone as just a general comment).

The soft-launch price for both models are quite attractive and some features are lacking in these two models as compare to the one that are advertised in the internet. Overall it looks like a SUV than a crossover, imho.wink.gif

when is your Forester coming out? waiting for the JDM one? [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement