Beware of heavy vehicles, trailers and so on...

Alfpoon

i think we all are aware of the high number of incidents/accidents related to heavy vehicles. be it toppling, or crashing into other vechicles or causing accidents directly or indirectly.

please drive very defensively when you see them on the road and stay away from them if possible. I was once nearly ran off the road when 1 of them changed lane without looking and i was beside it. Jammed brakes immediately and still my side mirrors got scratched...glad to be alive.

didn't think much about it till recently i heard a friend of mine working in the transportation industry that there are a lot of accidents lately because a lot of the drivers are either from China or other countries. They are not use to the "road culture" here and like in China, they still believe that as long as you have a bigger vehicle, you have the right of way.

I know that different countries really have different road cultures and therefore I can foresee more of such incidents happening as long as FTs are willing to take lower salaries to do all these long hours and difficult work.

Noticed that there is no such warning or actions from TP all these while, so we better protect ourselves and our families.

All the best and drive safe...stay away from them...stay far away. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

seems like more and more of such accidents related to heavy vehicles are happening daily. hope TPs do something about it..meanwhile..drive safe and stay alert when near them.

the transportation companies are aware of the trend but the low take up rate for such jobs and the high salaries for local drivers are "forcing" them to use FTs.

wonder how many fatal accidents must take place before the authorities look into this problem. [shakehead]

Even the bicycle riding culture is being influences by the chinese/indians recently.

They ride and park indiscrimanately, until town concil have to announce to ban bicycle on footpath.

Answer me, just ten year ago, how often do we hear complain about unruly cyclist banging padestrains?

Singapore has changed over the last 5 years very very rapidly. Good or bad...yet to see.

Turbocharged

even in AMK, the bangala just ride bicycle across the pedestrian cross.

dark dark color so cannot see clearly nearly bang him.

some more just carry on bo hiu.

at least walking can anticipate pedestrian speed and slow down.

the bangala just speed through, behind other pedestrians so cannot see him weaving through

this type bang already um kum buan [:(]

i think we all are aware of the high number of incidents/accidents related to heavy vehicles. be it toppling, or crashing into other vechicles or causing accidents directly or indirectly.

please drive very defensively when you see them on the road and stay away from them if possible. I was once nearly ran off the road when 1 of them changed lane without looking and i was beside it. Jammed brakes immediately and still my side mirrors got scratched...glad to be alive.

didn't think much about it till recently i heard a friend of mine working in the transportation industry that there are a lot of accidents lately because a lot of the drivers are either from China or other countries. They are not use to the "road culture" here and like in China, they still believe that as long as you have a bigger vehicle, you have the right of way.

I know that different countries really have different road cultures and therefore I can foresee more of such incidents happening as long as FTs are willing to take lower salaries to do all these long hours and difficult work.

Noticed that there is no such warning or actions from TP all these while, so we better protect ourselves and our families.

All the best and drive safe...stay away from them...stay far away. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

How come these FTs no need to go for driving test before they are allowed on the roads?

[furious][furious][furious]

i only know that they have to take the highway code before converting their overseas license to our license.

but we all know how easy it is to "buy", i mean pass the license tests in certain countries!

Neutral Newbie

Very true. Just had an incident today, involving a mini school bus. While on my way to work this morning, entering KJE from PIE, I was about to filter to the centre lane on KJE. Then out of nowhere came this 2F2F mini school bus horning and high beaming from behind me. My speed was around 70kph then. As I picked up speed to around 100kph, that bloody bugger overtook me from my left and zoomed away like nobody's business... [dizzy][dizzy] Another one of those heavy vehicle F1 wannabe...

let not laught man, when they get into accident claim the insurance, the insurance company will raise premium across the board.

let it be for the record, if any of those mother Fu#%&& endanger my family member, i will run the stupid %&@%$ over the most i lose my license;

since they dont care why should the singaporean care

Turbocharged

So I was stopping at a traffic light junction waiting for the lights to turn green. Beside me was a big trailer. Took some interesting pictures. Is this normal or heavy vehicles tend to run their tyres until like that??

C6C3766E-2679-4A37-BE43-9AFE430D1143.jpeg

F21EB655-136C-41C7-B3B3-966AF4075BDD.jpeg

2CC84DB7-BFBF-4E41-B161-DF0DB917D337.jpeg

1 hour ago, Zxcvb said:

So I was stopping at a traffic light junction waiting for the lights to turn green. Beside me was a big trailer. Took some interesting pictures. Is this normal or heavy vehicles tend to run their tyres until like that??

C6C3766E-2679-4A37-BE43-9AFE430D1143.jpeg

F21EB655-136C-41C7-B3B3-966AF4075BDD.jpeg

2CC84DB7-BFBF-4E41-B161-DF0DB917D337.jpeg

Still could be use for a Month.....Even some SBS & SMRT Buses are like this.

On 5/18/2008 at 7:37 PM, Alfpoon said:

Minwhile look at what is GBJ4760L van driver does.. Cut in heavy vehicle just like that.. Hope tp to take action against that van driver.. No give chance to that driver since he choose to drive like that. 

https://youtu.be/boDhsS3Y3Og

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Minwhile look at what is GBJ4760L van driver does.. Cut in heavy vehicle just like that.. Hope tp to take action against that van driver.. No give chance to that driver since he choose to drive like that. 

https://youtu.be/boDhsS3Y3Og

Too many such driver on the road now, dont know how TP going to take action?! Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1