• Redline
    • Sonax
    • Coral
    • Others
    • No need
    • What is it?

Turbocharged
(edited)

How effective was Redex on your previous corona?

Any significant FC improvement?

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement

we had a different theory. if there is white smoke means it is clearing the carbon.

need to rev till the white smoke clears out. as shown in my previous pic, one of the fogging session in action. [;)]

after the fogging session, the throttle is lighter and more responsive. [thumbsup]

see when and where you doing it. i can come by and guide you along. must warn you first, there will be lots of smoke. [sweatdrop][sly]

I dun use these things so can I ask what does it says on the bottle? As in the recommended mileage to be used and how much of it to be used on your car. Or other recommendations?

I read on my car's user manual says fuel addictives or cleaners are not recommended or necessary as it can do more harm dan good.

thanx. i'll try to look for 2T when i next go up for my movie and foodfest [:)]

will update u if i see the pennzoil. in fact i will look for that particular brand unless more ex than ur putoline

bro.. any idea how this redex look like?? got how many types of it??

never heard of this brand also.. mostly see Sonax and STP.. [sweatdrop]

====================

Redex been around for abt 30 years. I used it 1st on my bikes.

As I know, got 2 types. 1 is concentrated & 1 bottle can treat about 300 lit. Another is the 1 bottle to 1 tank of petrol. The liquid is red & the bottle is mostly transparent.

I get it from the HomeFix DIY at Thomson Plaza or the spare parts shop in Sin Min just as u turn in from Upp Thomson Rd. The block is on the left.

Maybe u can search "Redex" & see what comes up?

How effective was Redex on your previous corona?

Any significant FC improvement?

==================

I used it on my earlier bikes & later on all my cars.

There is an improvement on the FC. I think it's very slippery & lubes the upper cylinder to make it smoother even.

When I started using it, I went tru the whole process of dripping it into the carbs & put some in the cylinders & some in the tank. For the last 10 years or so I become too lazy & just pour quite abit directly into the tank as it's easier like this.

I dont use it all the time. Maybe a couple of months b4 my regular service, I use it till the car is serviced. Then I stop using it till the next service. But I always use it when going up to Msia as it's great when u want to whack on the highways. [drivingcar]

we had a different theory. if there is white smoke means it is clearing the carbon.

need to rev till the white smoke clears out. as shown in my previous pic, one of the fogging session in action. [;)]

after the fogging session, the throttle is lighter and more responsive. [thumbsup]

===================

Yah I know. If u drip it into the carb, it wil definitely give out white smoke & u rev hard till it clears.

I meant when u put it in your tank. Then sud not have noticeable white smoke when u drive as that means u put in too much.

Long ago I very "ON" & do the whole process of putting in the cylinders, carbs & tank. Nowadays I too lazy so just pour it into the tank, especially when going to whack the car on the NSH. [sly]

Supersonic

I used redex on my bike some 20 yrs ago. Yes, it made the engine runs very smooth and I like it at that time.

But it was quite costly and the effect is gone after one tank..you have to fill again and again.

Now, thinking back, don't you think those 2-stroke bikers who put too much of 2T oil also has white smoke?

Maybe redex is some kind of 2T oil plus some other chemical?

Now, if I use a bit of 2T oil in a 4-stroke engine car, it's effect is quite similar to redex..in terms of smoother engine.

Neutral Newbie

so which one u use? the top or bottom one based on the pic?

ur car is 323 right? den where u pour in frm? the cylinders or the tank?

Redex not so ex for the concentrated type. 1 Bottle can use very long. I dont use at every top-up. I just use a couple of months b4 my regular oil change.

If the 2T pump is working correctly, there sud b very little smoke, Only if too much 2T is pumped into the cylinder will there b a lot of white smoke.

I used to use half 2T & half Redex in the 2T tank.

I dont recommend using oil in your petrol tank. If u put too much, the excess oily film wil enter your cat & destroy it. Then u wil need to get a new 1 & it is damm ex. [sweatdrop]

yeah, i agree that putting it in the injectors are time consuming. [dizzy][dizzy] have not tried pouring into the tank tho. perhaps as it travels with the petrol, especially if you whack on NSH, it will be pretty effective too. [sly]

talking about it, it has been quite a while since i done the fogging exercise. [laugh][laugh]

I prefer the pour in tank method not only cos it's easier but also cos the Redex wil remove moisture in the tank & whole fuel system. Also lube the fuel pump & throttle body. Additional benefit is it lubes the upper pistons & valves as u drive. Smoother drive & can hit higher speeds on the NSH. [drivingcar]

It gives a 100% clean-up. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement