• Redline
    • Sonax
    • Coral
    • Others
    • No need
    • What is it?

Neutral Newbie

I buy cheapo STP.

I pour in whole bottle when tank left about 5-6 ltrs fuel.

Then just HUMTUM throttle.......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 150km/h [lipsrsealed]

(edited)
here are the 2 types of redex. one from UK, the other from australia. wink.gif

how much did you pay for the redex, I try to sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif if I can get better deal wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Edited by Vtim

The one I bought is a fuel system cleaner. Totally different from the pics posted here. Its a full bottle application to a tank of petrol. (I put in a 1/4 of the 2nd bottle last night as I went into JB to pump 15 ltrs fuel, so need to top up the treatment to get the concentration correct).

I got it at Giant Hypermart.

Hmm... on 2nd thought , it looks like the top picture. Never paid attention to the bottle except that it says fuel system cleaner.

=====================

I went to Thomson Plaza DIY yesterday & saw the Redex price increase to abt $18 for the small bottle. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Too damm expensive for me. I wonder if the autoparts shop in Sin Min has also increased the price by so much???

i was into this item last time when ride's lambda sensor was damaged. stopped when mechanic claimed due to exessive use of fuel cleaner

cud there be some truth as commercially available pertol already hv cleansing additive substance?

apart from solely depending on instruction pasted onto the bottle (every one tankful or so), any bros can share what's da interval like between each usage?

=================

U cud b right as these additives might have some pretty powerful cleaners inside.

Maybe I'll just stay away from them altogether.

Long ago I used STP fuel additive & my carb was damaged. Some rubber part inside gave way. I suspect it was due to the additive as it happened as soon as I used it.

I guess I'll just stick to the trusted ol Italian tune-up when I need to clear carbon. [sly]

i use too much uniglide fuel tablet and my ride misfired [rolleyes]

but then i supposed to use one tablet per tank, i sometimes use two.. [:p]

===================

If your car has a CAT, the misfire wil destroy it. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

yes bro, NSH is da way to go thumbsup.gif

downshift to a lower gear and stay there for about 15 mins or so, rev up and up up and away....

here are the 2 types of redex. one from UK, the other from australia. wink.gif

how much did you pay for the redex, I try to sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif if I can get better deal wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifbeen quite a long while since i last bought it. think it was $9.50 for 2 bottles of 250ML. could be wrong...

Will you get the same effect using STP?

Have been using STP and noticed a better FC after every application.

I dun rev the engine after adding..

i have not tried using STP before. so i could not commend whether will have the same effect.

wah say... Linus now expert liao wor... [laugh]
dont say expert lah. we are all here to share and exchange ideas. [;)]

the bottom one.

we took out the spark plugs and pour it to the injectors.

You mean pour it into combustion chambers thru spark plugs opening? Cos injectors should be under pressurised...sweatdrop.gifyup, that is exactly what we do, take out the spark plugs and pour into the openings.

thanks for the clarification. [;)]

↡ Advertisement