Pedra Branca: Judgment Day 23 May 08

Altivo

(edited)

It's not about the Rock...it is the territorial waters around the Rock [nod]

Under United Nations Convention on Law of the Seas (UNCLOS), 2 nautical miles from the shoreline comes within a particular State's territorial waters... so losing that piece of Rock essentially means losing an essential part of Singapore's territorial grounds to MY and our fisherman can't go in there freely anymore.

Bottomline is; State Sovereignty is in issue here...not just Pedra Branca alone [flowerface]

Edited by Chickenfarm
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Ours still in Office [nod] No need to kpkb [lipsrsealed] Talk ony the grounds will shake like Sze Chuan liao [nod]

Edited by Chickenfarm

(edited)

[nod] Imagine one day ppl just cum in and say your balcony belonged to him [sweatdrop] It may just be a small little balcony but to you, it is and has always been part of your home...thus, you're almost sure to fight the trespasser off at all costs [thumbsup]

Su lang mai su bin...na si su bin tio si LC bin [:p]

Edited by Chickenfarm

I'm afraid my Hai Sim will tear his mouth & break his dentures ...

Very cruel to do this sort of thing to a Lau Nan especially one whom is Nao Boh Ho Say one [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged
(edited)

The island is more important to Singapore than most people know..And our government is trying to downplay it in case got island wide panick/migration.

The island has a lighthouse that is managed by Singapore since british pass it to us. It's "strategically located" cos it controls the ships coming down from china/east to enter either the right route or left route... The island could steer ships away from our habour into JB's habour.

Malaysia had all this thought out, you think the change or causeway bridge and the accusation of tekong's pollution is all coincidence?

Strategically the island is more important to us than Malaysia. Malaysia still got many ports along the pennisular to support herself...losing it only means less $$. But we only got 1 Keppel port...if we loose it, ho say liao. The main aim for the malaysia's dispute (thanks to their ex-pm) is to make Singapore's economy suffer...it's only make a statement to Singapore Gov during the reign of M.

We cannot loose this island, loosing it may affect our livelihood and our economy.

Edited by Pocus

If the hai sim can do that and the region is peaceful, I think we do not mind sacrifising one hai sim.