• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
200 replies to this topic | 726 praises

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

Schmi
  • Schmi
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Singapore wins Pedra Branca

Malaysia wins Middle Rocks and Southern Ledge
1 Anonymous member praised this
==================================================
Drive slow, see the sights. Drive fast, see the jail.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

B1dada
  • B1dada
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://www.mycarforu...375101/#2375101

LOL late 1 min

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

Ixiz
  • Ixiz
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

So Overall do we still lose out ?

Sounds like Singapore 1 --- 2 Malaysia lei ... laugh.gif

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What type of judgement is this dizzy.gif dizzy.gif dizzy.gif

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

Altivo
  • Premium member
    Altivo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

we got the island... they got a cluster of rocks and an elevation which is submerged during high tide....

in other words, we got the fish and they got the hay-bee
Be responsible, practice safe driving, practice safe sex

Getz: May'04-Feb'08, Avante: Feb'08

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:08 PM

Drive_carcar
  • Drive_carcar
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe I'm not so patriotic. I just don't know what's the big fuss about a pile of rock in the middle of the sea. Exactly like you have said, during high tide it'll probably be submerged, and maybe 1 more tsunami later, it don't exist anymore.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

Ixiz
  • Ixiz
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Wah ...like that seems very complicating lei ... wouldn't it cause more tension ? From the map shown . It's seems that the distance is very near between the Rocks and island...

It's like Singapore had the house. Malaysia had the door ...

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

Altivo
  • Premium member
    Altivo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

hmm...it's not being patriotic... it's more of being aware and well-informed. Bro chickenfarm has done a good job in summarizing it up. See below link

http://www.mycarforu...2374352#2374352

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

Altivo
  • Premium member
    Altivo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yup... the focus will now be the waters around the island and rocks and who owns it and by how much...

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

Brock
  • Brock
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe I'm not so patriotic. I just don't know what's the big fuss about a pile of rock in the middle of the sea. Exactly like you have said, during high tide it'll probably be submerged, and maybe 1 more tsunami later, it don't exist anymore.

Radarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:26 PM

Rncw
  • Premium member
    Rncw
    Supercharged
    Author Image

the 2 other rocks are nothing...the lighthouse is very crucial for shipping...

we must fight, to run away!

"Ayu-chan, if I cannot be your husband, I'll be your step-father..."

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

Nhrisuzu
  • Premium member
    Nhrisuzu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

this pile of rocks means alot in terms of our territory.. there is the EEZ etc.. wink.gif wink.gif
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
In Loving Memory: 16.06.1952 - 11.12.2006
** i am NHR ISUZU.. call me NHR or ZU **

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

Chickenfarm
  • Chickenfarm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

nod.gif Exclusive Economic Zone which stretches from the coastline of Pedra Branca to a distance of 2 nautical miles...

Bottomline is; u can do whatever u wish within this EEZ including the mining of natural resources if any. And of course the right of passage of commercial vessels into Singapore waters and sea ports via this route thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chickenfarm, 23 May 2008 - 06:33 PM.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

Chickenfarm
  • Chickenfarm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Tango Yankie... wave.gif

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Our pie is bigger, they got part of the crust and a piece of rock. flowerface.gif

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

Chickenfarm
  • Chickenfarm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

In short; dun just think abt. the waters around the rocks...think abt the waters all the way from Singapore to the lighthouse...these belongs to Singapore.

And of course there is no such thing as 2 nautical miles in Singapore and MY waters cos we are too close to each other so an imaginary line has to be drawn in the middle and that includes the demarcation between the lighthouse and Middle Rocks and South Ledge.

But the important note is vessels can still come in via Singapore's segment of territorial waters over there instead of making a big detour which merchants may give Singapore a miss due to that thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chickenfarm, 23 May 2008 - 06:41 PM.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

Wolffish
  • Wolffish
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Always thot EEZ is 200 nau. miles..... maybe i am wrong.

Personally , very happie cos still can go Horsburgh fishing.......tho current there is terrible...

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

Chickenfarm
  • Chickenfarm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

U're right bro...I'm the one who is mistaken abt. the figures here laugh.gif

Under UNCLOS, territorial waters stretches from our shoreline to a distance of 2 nautical miles. Beyond that there is still the EEZ which is 200 nautical miles so that adds up to the original demarcation thumbsup.gif I left that 200 miles out bcos we don't really have that luxury over here nod.gif

Time for me to do some revision liao laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks for highlighting the descrepancy bro thumbsup.gif flowerface.gif

Edited by Chickenfarm, 23 May 2008 - 06:48 PM.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

Wolffish
  • Wolffish
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Heard seabed surrounding that area a lot of good quality sand, unlimited due to the nature of the current flow across that area............

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

Chickenfarm
  • Chickenfarm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

And commercial fishing over there is good too thumbsup.gif Foreign Fishing vessels came into our Jurong and Senoko Fisheries Port via the waters over there nod.gif

And of course reclamation and wat naught could be done uninhibitedly within our waters...wah so many tangible benefits I can't list them all out in a flash wink.gif

It may have nothing to do with me economically but as a SINGAPOREAN, I'm happy that we won flowerface.gif

I'm saying this regardless of who is the govt. of the day...I'm saying this bcos this is a victory for Singaore and as a Singaporean, I'm happy for my country thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chickenfarm, 23 May 2008 - 07:00 PM.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: PEDRA, BRANCA, OURS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users